2006 Grand cherokee... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
if it needed a code it would still turn on and would just be locked out. Is there also a fuse under the hood for the radio? I had an 07 but never had any problems with the stock radio when removing and replacing it.

has anyone had a problem with the factory radio not turning on? i took out the remote wire and crimped the originals back together and still nothing..

when i turn the key to acc, i hear a faint speaker pop and then a little really(and i mean really) faint whine then it stops after like 10 seconds

any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I guess you don't have a owners manual laying around? The fuse box may also have a diagram on the inside of the cover.

it does but the one i replaced did nothing and i was asking about an internal h/u fuse, but sorry for not being clear

fuse #28 (20A) is the only fuse for the radio

next, check both red/ orange stripe wires for b+ and both the solid black wires for ground in the bigger stock head unit connector

Those cars use a CAN system and there shouldn't be any 12V source at the headunit...MAYBE constant. SO my guess is you blew a fuse related to the ECU or something similar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.