mini cooper, wall, 2 18" mts, 6kw

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
Car: 2004 Mini Cooper S

Subs: 2 18" RE MT's

Box: Walled off, roughly 15 cubes net, will be tuned around 31hz, thinking about using aero ports

Mids: 16 Selenium 6.5s

Tweets: 16 Power Acoustic Bullets

Sub Amps: 2 Crunch GP3000D-PRO's for the subs (over 3krms each)

Mids/Highs Amps: Matching Crunch GP 2 channel amps

Batts: undecided, kinetik, powermaster, donno yet

Alternator: when i find someone to make me a big alt for my little car, ill get it.

pix0rz

yes its pimpedout97x, if a mod wants to ban me, feel free. i see no need to, as im not causing an ounce of trouble. just posting a worklog for you guys to see.

pics start next post

this is the 2nd wall.

wall V1 ******.

for those of you that didnt see in the other thread,

i took the first one out. i really wasn't happy with it once i thought about it. this one, already with the false floor, is coming out alot better. the floor is 2 layers thick. the first layer is bolted with 1/2" x 2.5" bolts in the rear, and up front its tite bonded, and screwed to those 2x4's u see under there. the 2x4's themselves are also bolted to the body with the same bolts.

none-the-less, its very sturdy, and not gonna budge.

the 2nd layer is self explanatory, its to make is 100% level (to cover the bolt heads used to bolt the first layer down)

and to clarify, the cuts i made on the rear cross-member, to get those bolts in (still cant believe i did that) will be getting welded shut by my body shop soon. just wanna throw that out there, becuase i know someones gonna comment on the pic that shows those cuts lol...

anyways, pics-

btw- i havent decided on subs yet. or the exact style of box. im 95% set on doing a ported clam shell, i just gotta see how much space im working with.

DSCF2391.jpg

DSCF2392.jpg

DSCF2393.jpg

DSCF2394.jpg

DSCF2395.jpg

cut the odd side pieces out. most of you will be confused, but im gonna get more done tomorow, and you will understand as the pictures progress, as to why its cut like it is.

DSCF2420.jpg

9.5* angle

DSCF2421.jpg

dry mock-up

DSCF2422.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

sorta what im going to do tomorow. the sides will extend out with the side trim, thats why the side pieces are cut like they are.

DSCF2423.jpg

one of the 18s, i may not even use this, im not sure yet

DSCF2426.jpg

random pic

DSCF2425.jpg

test fit

this may give you a better idea how the sides will be, notice they are flowing the contours of the side panels

DSCF2436.jpg

put the back on

DSCF2438.jpg

DSCF2439.jpg

DSCF2440.jpg

not bolted down yet.

DSCF2441.jpg

DSCF2442.jpg

deleted the rear wiper. that plug will be there until i get a rear back up camera. im selling my Nakamichi head unit, as much as i like it, but i want to get a double din screen with Navigation. ill have to relocate the a/c controls, etc

DSCF2444.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

louder than me?
i honestly hope that you are louder than me, but i doubt it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

not much done today...by the time i got home from work it was 5ish, then had to go somewhere at 8 so....

ill do this to the other side tomorow probably.

does it sort of make more sense now as to why the sides are like that?

just to throw this out there, i AM fiberglassing the ENTIRE interior of the box for added strength, and to ensure is 110% air tight.

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2447.jpg

DSCF2448.jpg

DSCF2449.jpg

DSCF2450.jpg

DSCF2451.jpg

probably not going to do anything else on the box tonight. tomorow i wanna try and finish the sides and the top.

i changed the oil in the car today as well.

DSCF2487.jpg

DSCF2488.jpg

DSCF2489.jpg

DSCF2490.jpg

DSCF2496.jpg

10.4" vga touchscreen going in the dash (the LCD panel is actually Samsung believe it or not)

will have a carputer hooked to it

DSCF2498.jpg

DSCF2499.jpg

DSCF2500.jpg

DSCF2503.jpg

runner board for......

DSCF2502.jpg

.....this

DSCF2501.jpg

box = in for good.

glued/screwed it down to the false floor today.

the side panels are just sitting there, i havent put them in yet. gonna get the top piece cut before i screw those 2 window panels in. theres padding on the back as well, where it hit the window a bit.

DSCF2507.jpg

had a whole sheet of birch, and all i have left is the top/front/port, which wont be a whole sheet, so instead of 2x4s, i added a 2nd layer of 3/4" birch to the back, it made it very solid.

had to 2 piece it

DSCF2508.jpg

DSCF2509.jpg

DSCF2510.jpg

DSCF2511.jpg

hell, i like how the back is looking better than the front lol.

DSCF2512.jpg

also, as far as all the 90 degree angles inside the box go....im going to round them all before i fiberglass the entire interior of the box, but the box will be complete before i do so. also, i just want to test the box without glass/rounding the edges, and see how it sounds, and go from there.

go big, or go home

1 of 2 18" recone/basket

DSCF2516.jpg

next to 12" basket

DSCF2515.jpg

template for the back trim panel. gotta go get some 1/4" birch tomorow, 11 bux for a 4x8 sheet, and it weighs NOTHING lol.

DSCF2517.jpg

DSCF2518.jpg

DSCF2519.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.