How Bad is Insignia from best buy?

viperrgh2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
usa
I just got the 2 12" 300watt (rms) sub and amp package from bestbuy (I had a gift card) for $74 out the door. For this price I presume it can't be that bad but was wondering what kind of luck and sound people have gotten out of this brand/ set up?

why would you buy it when you already have a Type-R??

O and Insgnia audio IMO is garbage, but hey for $74 out of your pocket, what can you expect lol

I had a $50 gift card already and all the speakers at best buy are so marked up I would be using the gift card just to pay the mark up and putting the $ they cost online out of pocket. I'll probably build a sealed box install it in my car and sell it to a dumb kid for $125...

sell it to the dumb kid for 200.

but yes, insignia=****.

I actually listened to them and they sounded so dang quiet i didn't even know if their subs or not.

but the dumb kid will probably tell all his dumb friends that he hits 170 deeebeeez at least.

i know a guy that ran an insignia amp for a long time, it worked, in fact imma bet if the install was done right 3/4 of the peeps on car audio forums wouldnt be able to tell if it was an insignia or a jl when bumping @ 70 mph //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I had a $50 gift card already and all the speakers at best buy are so marked up I would be using the gift card just to pay the mark up and putting the $ they cost online out of pocket. I'll probably build a sealed box install it in my car and sell it to a dumb kid for $125...
Better make sure its a dumb deaf kid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ha... the kids around here are probably dumber when buying subs then a deaf person would be... Anyone I ever talk is like I'm getting 2 12s and I'm like what kind and there like I don't know...

Better make sure its a dumb deaf kid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well im gonna say that all noobs are that dumb. Those Insignia's are about as good of a spk as you paid for them. You know the saying you get what you paid for? Well that applies now. They will work but wont sound like anything other than **** im sure. You should have spent a little more and upgraded. Not to sony though, something else if you had the budget I guess. Oh well you will just have to experience them first hand and then you will understand what everyone is saying.

[Anyone I ever talk is like I'm getting 2 12s and I'm like what kind and there like I don't know...

]Well im gonna say that all noobs are that dumb. Those Insignia's are about as good of a spk as you paid for them. You know the saying you get what you paid for? Well that applies now. They will work but wont sound like anything other than **** im sure. You should have spent a little more and upgraded. Not to sony though, something else if you had the budget I guess. Oh well you will just have to experience them first hand and then you will understand what everyone is saying.

Im gonna say build a ported box for the 2 12"s and to be honest for 74 bucks thats not bad, it might not be dd with a million dbs and 117db efficency per .0023 kilowatt, but at the same time, it aint bad for the money worse comes to worse ya have a pretty bangin home theater //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.