mounting a dustcap

Participant count
  • Participant list

nVRuckus
5,000+ posts

Banned
Miami
I got a recone done on one of my SX, well it arrived and the dustcap is pretty much not attached on the sub only held one by about a 2" piece of the cone. What is that black stuff that is holding the cap on? is that regular silicon? or should I use something else to mount the dustcap? It appears that the black stuff is all the way around the cone where the dustcap should be connected to it it just appears as if it didnt stick.

The black stuff is CA glue. I hear goop works really well for dustcaps.

I will just be using CA when I finally put mine together. Need to finish the basket so I can do that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

it doesn't look like any CA glue Ive seen. I have CA Glue all over the place here because I do a lot of fiberglassing. it feels more like silicon. You sure?

the black ca glue is a rubber toughened carbon impregnated glue. It is kind of rubberery. Not hard like normal. It has to be rubbery to withstand a beating and not crack and such.

I believe it is like loctite prism 410 click

or

BSI IC-2000 click

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.