Need sound in kitchen

cooldudejz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N.H.
i am looking for a cheap way to get music into my kitchen. in-wall speakers are not really an option. i am looking to spend around 300$. i just need like 2 speakers that can produce clear loud music. i looked at wireless options, but i know those dont sound to good. i am looking for inexpensive solutions. thanx

Ceiling speakers usually sound like ****....

I'm going to say like I tell EVERYONE, go out and do some shopping. Listen to other stuff, don't just search online, with that low of a budget go to local shops or even Best Buy/Circuit City. Find what you like, get the model numbers and then shop online, see if you can find it cheaper from a reputable source....

they dont neccisarily sound like ****... are they super hi-fi? no. but are you going to use them for dedicated listening purposes? no. you are going to use them in a situation where you want noise, or background music. like in this case, music in the kitchen.

they would work fine in this case. and honestly, i woudl say if youre going to commit to this project, do it right. go ahead and cut holes, run wires behind the walls, do it proper. sheetrock can be repaired, paint can be touched up. its not too difficult.

Ok.... The only Ceiling speakers that I would use would be the Meyer Install series stuff, which is WAY out of budget.

Or, the Community Loudspeakers ones. I'm not sure on the price but I'm pretty sure two with proper amplification is most likely going to be more than $300. But if you want to install them up right, run the 70 volt line transformers so that you don't have to worry about having to put the amp too close to the speakers. Also, with the 70 volt line you don't have to worry about the impedance load and you can run a much smaller cable.

http://www.community.chester.pa.us/main/index.php?option=articles&task=viewarticle&sid=39

Do you have room to put things on top of your cabinets? I know it isn't ideal imaging but if there is a gap between the ceiling and top of the cabinets get a decent pair of bookshelves and call it a day. Pick up a pair of Paradigm Atom's for about 215 and I think you'll be plenty happy for your purposes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.