Suggestions for upcoming bookshelf speaker setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

937DYTBOI
5,000+ posts

TL>you
Dayton,Ohio
Hey guys i may be getting a 32" Dell Flta Panel LCD TV and i wanted to add my own speakers to the system. I plan on hooking my computer up to the TV and adding some speakers of my own to the setup.

I was thinking of a single 8" ascendent audio assassin for my sub, a pair of ascendent audio 6.5" mid, and a pair of Dayton 1 1/8" silk dome tweeter, i also want to add like a center channel speaker to enhance the perfection of the sound.

I know i need a mp for this stuff but im not to familiar with home audio amps and whats good from bad and what else i need to get this thing to function correctly, i already have a dvd player which can be used for dvd and cd playing, and i dont listen to the rasio so do i really need a reciever.

Please leave any suggestions

I would highly suggest getting a HT receiver. It's going to make your life a lot simpler. You can run 5/6/7 speakers off of it according to which model etc. and it will provide you a subwoofer rca output. Also I would recommend getting a plate amp for your sub. MCM has a good deal on a 150w one for $50 part #55-5266a or 50-6266a can't remember exactly. As far as the xovers the ones PE sells are decent. But there are designs on their website in the Projects section for speakers with custom made xovers that will sound better than just using a generic xover and slapping 2 random drivers on it. And just my .02, I know everyone raves about that tweeter but I really don't think it's that great. Check out the Hi-vi k1's.

I would highly suggest getting a HT receiver. It's going to make your life a lot simpler. You can run 5/6/7 speakers off of it according to which model etc. and it will provide you a subwoofer rca output. Also I would recommend getting a plate amp for your sub. MCM has a good deal on a 150w one for $50 part #55-5266a or 50-6266a can't remember exactly. As far as the xovers the ones PE sells are decent. But there are designs on their website in the Projects section for speakers with custom made xovers that will sound better than just using a generic xover and slapping 2 random drivers on it. And just my .02, I know everyone raves about that tweeter but I really don't think it's that great. Check out the Hi-vi k1's.

Thansk for the info man imma look into what u suggested

Home Theater Receiver depending on how much money you want to spend Rotel if you wanna spend a lot or Yamaha RX-V series if you only want to spend a little. Plate Amp for the sub.

That MK2 kit seems a bit over priced to me.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.