Home audio Xover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SQBubble
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MTL
hey guys, is there some amplifier with built-in xovers for speakers not subs.?

im wanting to do 2enclosures each consist of:

-----------------------------------

Tweeter: 1 TB neodymium 1" http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-834&scqty=2

Mid-Range: 1 TB W5-704S 5.25" http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-850&scqty=2

Mid-Woofers: 2 AA poly mid 6.5" http://ascendantaudio.com/poly_6.5_page.html

---------------------------------

BUT, i dont know how do u guys cross them home audio speakers? im seeing amplifiers but with no crossover...

ive been thinkin ,

mid-woofer plays from ~80hz to ~1khz

mid-range plays from ~1khz to ~4khz

tweeter plays from ~4khz to ~20khz

----

also, the mid-range is 8hom, while the others are 4ohm.. does that affect something with the amplifier?

also, wut amplifier do u suggest me to get? something really the best for the buck! im lookin' at around 250rms each enclosures... somethin' that I could connect to my sound card's computer!

im a n00b in home audio, so plz help me out, thx alot

Hey man i jus made a post about this yesterday, i want to use those 6.5" AA's and the dayton tweeters, with a single 8" assasin, and parts express do sell like the 2-3way crossovers for those speakers, then they have the ones for the subwoofers.

ohh cooll, just saw ur thread , haha, thx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey do u know of any HT recivers which was recommended to me to buy, have the capability of playing like burnt movies, because my dvd player now doesnt come in clear, but the cheapest dvd player in my house which was like 20 bucks when we bought it brand new plays anything.

I might consider the speakers u suggested also have u played with them before

no i havent!! but i have an Arsenal from AA and like it ALot in my car, so I kinda love AA's product, haha, as for the others.. the tweeter seems veryy flat in the responce graph from 4khz till the end, the mid-range looks way to good:D haha,

as for the receiver, i really dont know, i was thinkin buying this thing,

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1618855&sku=C44-3226

for my computer, everyone say the SQ is amazing, it also converts all ur mp3 into better SQ and features are very nice, 7.1 wut lot of connection with the I/O , but I dont know if I could do wuts in my head with this thing...

ohh, so its 7channel, with 100rms each channel? u think i could do 6 AA poly with 2TB tweeter, where the 2 tweeters would take 1channel ?

lollzz, I thought car audio was complicated, i think home audio is even more complicated:rolleyes: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

hehe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.