"component video" cable for DVD player

Participant count
  • Participant list

noob with an RS
10+ year member

i poop on you
earth
hey im currently running an S-Video cable from my DVD player to my new panasonic big-screen. it has support for an HDMI input and component video inputs. im thiking of getting a component video cable for the dvd player and i plan to hook up a digital cable box to the HDMI input. what im wondering is what component video cable should i get? i c that there are some that cost like 15 bucks which are the acoustic research noes.. and i see some that range up to 100 dollars like the monster cable ones from best buy. how much should i be spending on the cable and is there any real differences between the different brands of component video cables?

(the component video cables im talking about are the ones taht use three RCA-type wires for the video input itself.)

I dont know too much about DVD players but if it can do HDMI, step up to it no question, and same thing for your cable box. As for cable, I run all monster cable...spent a pretty penny but I trust it more only because I havnt worked with Acoustic Research...check ebay for cables first or parts express...wouldnt recommend going to pay retail at a Best Buy, Circuit City, Tweeter/Sound Advice.

I wouldn't spend any less than 40 bucks on a set of component cables and I would never spend anymore than 80 either. I think once you get up to 80 bucks you're paying for brand name and hype more than the cable construction and materials.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.