Zv.4 and Sp4

Sorry it took forever for me to respond but thank you guys for all the input. Which ever subs I choose it would be in 4th order. When I first started to go with a Steffen I was also looking into the dc co and level 5 but for some reason dc does not have the parameters for the level 5. I don't know I'd their hiding them or what do I didn't feel comfortable have them as an option.

Sorry it took forever for me to respond but thank you guys for all the input. Which ever subs I choose it would be in 4th order. When I first started to go with a Steffen I was also looking into the dc co and level 5 but for some reason dc does not have the parameters for the level 5. I don't know I'd their hiding them or what do I didn't feel comfortable have them as an option.
Sp4 will still stomp a level 5 IMO in my eyes not too many Subs beat them that you can still buy. Shds would be my first choice then sp4 but there are still better its it depends on what you want and you haven't really told us

im not doing any competitions but i do want it to meter pretty good. I want something will hit nasty lows because i want to tune low 28-30hz. And i cant forget nice sounding. My plans are to run a max of 3500 per sub so my choice or amps are still in the air 2 fosgate t2500.bdcp, sundown saz-5000d, or ns-1

im not doing any competitions but i do want it to meter pretty good. I want something will hit nasty lows because i want to tune low 28-30hz. And i cant forget nice sounding. My plans are to run a max of 3500 per sub so my choice or amps are still in the air 2 fosgate t2500.bdcp, sundown saz-5000d, or ns-1
Very very few Subs will hang with an sp4 down low. If tuning to 28 or 30 get the FIs all day and get the ns1 or M4a. I know someone who is selling both if your interested, I just bought a M4a for my SP4s

Pretty much stopped reading after you said the Crossfire's and SSAs are junk. Yes FI doesn't have the greatest CS but neither does Sundown. Yes they have the burning tinsel problem and Zs clownish surround comes off after a hour or 2 play time and the Fis dont just sound meh... There both very musical subs but every one has a different opinion
Stopped reading after u said zv4 surrounds fall off I had no idea that many people had them that that issue reaccures him to me seems like that one person got a bad ca glue job on the other hand fi has beennnn having tinsels issues with thier spaghettish weak tinsels and solder

OK a rreckoned sp4 will still stomp a zv4. Its been said already most said FI and there already has been a thread about this and sp4 won that too.
I don't see where you come off saying your subs stomp zv4's and level 5"s ....

That's bs man .. Only thing the sp4 has on those woofers is a bigger coil .. And that's not gunna stomp anything

I don't see where you come off saying your subs stomp zv4's and level 5"s ....That's bs man .. Only thing the sp4 has on those woofers is a bigger coil .. And that's not gunna stomp anything
I'm not just saying there beast because I own then like I said on the first page if it bangs it bangs and guess I shouldn't have said stomp in the part of the level 5 but I do believe the sp4 will still beat it. I'm trying to help the OP for what he's looking for and if hes tuning to 28 or 30 hz there isn't much that beat a SP4 yes a level 6 will but probably not on 3k. The SP4 is a low end monster its been said in this thread and many others its the FIs bread and butter

I'm not just saying there beast because I own then like I said on the first page if it bangs it bangs and guess I shouldn't have said stomp in the part of the level 5 but I do believe the sp4 will still beat it. I'm trying to help the OP for what he's looking for and if hes tuning to 28 or 30 hz there isn't much that beat a SP4 yes a level 6 will but probably not on 3k. The SP4 is a low end monster its been said in this thread and many others its the FIs bread and butter
The sp4s are great woofers but with the right install the level 5 isn't gunna get walked on either would the zv4 ...

Not saying your biased ... But the sp4 isn't a magic woofer that's all I'm saying........ your saying its gunna stomp

2 other beast subs that's just not the case ... If anything your just losing efficiency going with a 4" coil in most cases

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lschevelle

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Lschevelle
LA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date