Zv.4 and Sp4

Lschevelle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA.
I know a lot of people dont like vs threads but i couldnt help it But two subs are my favorite from the videos and reviews. Space is not an option since i will be taking my back seats out. I listen to mostly rap andi want to give the pair 3-3500 watts. which of the two will get louder and sound best? and what will be a good amp to feed them? my budget for the amp is $1900 i i know i have to upgrade my electrical.

If you're only using 3500 for the pair 4" coil might not be the best option since you lose efficiency for the extra thermal handling. Flip a coin, if you build a solid box you won't be disappointed either way.

SP4s stomp ZV4s from my experiences but depends on setup there both great and both have there pros and con's. SP4s will murder the zv4 down low no questions asked if all things equal. Again this is all my opinion yes I own sp4s but I'm not biased if something bangs it bangs. This is a sundown nut hugger forum so don't be surprised if most say OMG ZV4sss!!!! SUNDOWN SUNDOWN SUNDOWN!!!! few people have heard the zv4s and less hhave heard both. Neither are numbers Subs but the SP4s peak low so zv4s maybe be a better choice if that's what you want. Me personally I don't care about numbers on a 45hz burp, 30hz is my kind of style again this is all just my opinion

I heard 2 ZV4 12s in a trunk at 0.5ohm on a NS1 and it kicked ***. The ZV4(atleast the early models) have bad glue on the surround though... not sure if that's still a problem or not.
That might have been the ones straight from china if they get custom built im sure that wont happen. Mine are being custom built so I wont have to worry about that.

SP4s stomp ZV4s from my experiences but depends on setup there both great and both have there pros and con's. SP4s will murder the zv4 down low no questions asked if all things equal. Again this is all my opinion yes I own sp4s but I'm not biased if something bangs it bangs. This is a sundown nut hugger forum so don't be surprised if most say OMG ZV4sss!!!! SUNDOWN SUNDOWN SUNDOWN!!!! few people have heard the zv4s and less hhave heard both. Neither are numbers Subs but the SP4s peak low so zv4s maybe be a better choice if that's what you want. Me personally I don't care about numbers on a 45hz burp, 30hz is my kind of style again this is all just my opinion
Im really curious as to how a fi woofer with a meh surround and a ton of non soft spiders gets lower then that huge *** surround with less spiders im gonna call box on that one which has to do with mostly everything.

If i was u I would personally due the zv4s the tensil leads on the sp4 team fi team aa crossfire xs v2 (worsr woofers on the planet) and ssa evil are **** fi does a terrible solder job I went through 4 recones in 2 weeks just because of the bad soldered tinsels.

Im really curious as to how a fi woofer with a meh surround and a ton of non soft spiders gets lower then that huge *** surround with less spiders im gonna call box on that one which has to do with mostly everything.
The SP4 is a low end monster. The cartoonish surround on the Zv4 just takes away from the piston area... Both are still great subs, though.

Also, OP; 3" coils aren't going to like 3.5k each very well, I'd go with the SP4s on that power.

The SP4 is a low end monster. The cartoonish surround on the Zv4 just takes away from the piston area... Both are still great subs, though.
Also, OP; 3" coils aren't going to like 3.5k each very well, I'd go with the SP4s on that power.
They will take 3.5k just fine caetoonish surround ftw tinsel leads and customer service with fi ftw

I'm sorry but I don't think the Zv4 will handle 3.5k in a daily setup. OP stated 3.5k on each sub and I don't think he will be willing to spend his cash in a driver that will be good on 3.5k for 30-45 seconds before thermal issues... No matter how good you are the 3" driver will fail on 3.5k daily....

Agree with this like I said low end the Zs don't have a chance.

If i was u I would personally due the zv4s the tensil leads on the sp4 team fi team aa crossfire xs v2 (worsr woofers on the planet) and ssa evil are **** fi does a terrible solder job I went through 4 recones in 2 weeks just because of the bad soldered tinsels.
Pretty much stopped reading after you said the Crossfire's and SSAs are junk. Yes FI doesn't have the greatest CS but neither does Sundown. Yes they have the burning tinsel problem and Zs clownish surround comes off after a hour or 2 play time and the Fis dont just sound meh... There both very musical subs but every one has a different opinion

all the zv4s are built inhouse not china.

id say the fi's but with there leads and spider problems who knows. i dont recomend any 3" coil over 3k clamped daily...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lschevelle

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Lschevelle
LA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date