Zero Noise vs. KnuKoncepts

idk, ive got knu rca cables right now, and my amp makes noises //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and i cant get rid of it

idk, ive got knu rca cables right now, and my amp makes noises //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and i cant get rid of it
Are your rca's and power wire running down the same side of the car? I don't have any noise, but I have new amps that I haven't installed yet and don't want to take any chances.

Are your rca's and power wire running down the same side of the car? I don't have any noise, but I have new amps that I haven't installed yet and don't want to take any chances.
yes, my power wire is being ran on the driver side of my car, and my rca cables are being ran down the passenger side of the car, and there is no point where they touch or come close to eachother.

heres the thread actually:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415153

yes, my power wire is being ran on the driver side of my car, and my rca cables are being ran down the passenger side of the car, and there is no point where they touch or come close to eachother.
heres the thread actually:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415153
You might need to try different rca's? Are they shielded twisted pair? Have you tried a noise suppressor?

You might need to try different rca's? Are they shielded twisted pair? Have you tried a noise suppressor?
It's more than likely not the RCA's. As long as they are on different sides of the car as the power leads, even the shittiest of RCA cables won't provide any severe noise so long as they aren't touching something else.

Unless your headunit has something messed up with it, I would almost without a doubt guarantee it's a ground loop issue. If you've got multiple amps, wires, and grounding locations for them, then that would cause it. Try making sure your alternator, battery, and engine have a good ground, and then make sure if you have multiple amps, that they are all grounded to a central location instead of different random spots, which can cause a ground loop problem.

Lol Everyone Threadjacked That One. But Yes Zero Noise Are Great Rcas. Stinger Level 3 Is Best That I Have Ever Had. Knu Interconnects **** Though. Cheap Made. Love There Wire, Hate There Interconnects

Unless your headunit has something messed up with it, I would almost without a doubt guarantee it's a ground loop issue. If you've got multiple amps, wires, and grounding locations for them, then that would cause it. Try making sure your alternator, battery, and engine have a good ground, and then make sure if you have multiple amps, that they are all grounded to a central location instead of different random spots, which can cause a ground loop problem.
Both amps share the same ground, i re-did all my grounds when i did the big three. and it is just the sub amp, cuz it is only the sub rca preouts that are doing it.

heres the big three thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400689&page=2

no i havnt tried a noise suppressor, where can i get one and about how much do they run?

Are the RCA's run near the onboard computer?
no, the onboard computer is on the driver side...

and also, it is only the sub preout on the back of my HU, it does it with both types of rca cables, if you wanna know what kind i have their posted in the link i posted above. i tried grounding the rca cables, it didnt do anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.