Zed Amps

Volvo_S80

Ma
My girl and I have a deal worked out where I buy something for her she wants but she wouldn't buy for herself and she buys something for me that I would never buy for myself I.E. A zed amp lol I've been eyeing the Zed amps because I've read that they are greatness and I absolutely love the way they look plus the power output I'm loving. The Leviathan is what i was thinking because I'm about 99% sure I'll upgrade to a 3 way active front stage someday. My original plan was to have her get the Hertz Mille .2 until I found out they are coming out with a .3 version so I'm just going to wait for those. I guess my question is am I being crazy? I know for $1000 I could get lots of different things but at the same time I could buy those things Piece by Piece without breaking the bank. I have postponed my current build until I get a break from the freezing weather so I have more patience to do it all right. With that said I have a few more months to put together a very nice system little by little.

My over all build goal is SQL I'll want 2 12's or 2 10's that's a different topic for a different day lol with 2000 Watts along with the front stage Hertz ML 1650.3 and ML 280.3 I'm pretty dead set on those but will have to wait till about June or July and that's OK with me. I have most of the install necessities and an MS-8 I've been staring at daily to start with. I do plan on trying my hand at some comps just to see and to get out to hear some of the more professional cars out there.

Zed is a touchy topic on DIYMA. Many people have bought them and liked them and others have had nothing but bad experiences with them. I also have almost pulled the trigger on the levi but have always pulled back when doing research. I have went many other ways with those intended builds from the Mmats HIFI6150D, JL HD600/4, to my current Elite.4 setup. I just want you to do a lot of research before pulling the trigger on the Zed so you can weigh the risk/rewards to fit your needs.

On a side note I have talked to Zed before and he seems extremely smart so I have no doubt that the amp design is legit. It just appears to be something in the build process is not right. Maybe this has been changed as of recent.

I have only ever bought used ZED amps from here on the forums and one from ebay with no problems what so ever, I currently own:

Leviathan III

Draconia II

Minotuar II 2ea.

the Draconia is sitting on a shelf right now since it was replaced with the Leviathan

I've got one for sale now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Powerhouses for sure.

Yea I've read the Levi 1 & 2 had issues but haven't see much bad on the 3 but i will keep looking for sure. I feel almost guilty getting it but I know I will probably never need to buy another front stage amp for many years (hopefully lol) The Draconia II could do for now but I see myself spending another $200 a year from now just to add 2 channels for a 3 way setup. As for buying used I would prefer new just for piece of mind especially with something so expensive.

Yea I've read the Levi 1 & 2 had issues but haven't see much bad on the 3 but i will keep looking for sure. I feel almost guilty getting it but I know I will probably never need to buy another front stage amp for many years (hopefully lol) The Draconia II could do for now but I see myself spending another $200 a year from now just to add 2 channels for a 3 way setup. As for buying used I would prefer new just for piece of mind especially with something so expensive.
Mine would be shipped directly from Zed, check out my ad in the classifieds.

But as far as the versions, version III had no outstanding issues. There was a turn-on pop and some noise in the version 1's, he fixed all that with the version II's. I think the vII's still had some issues, but all except the individual problems with amps that will happen were fixed with the version III to my knowledge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.