zcon or hdc4

Just so everyone can stop being retarded with this "3inch coil for effeciency" nonsense...
AQ HDC4 Testing

There is a heads up tests of an hdc4 vs a hdc3. You can see the HDC4 has a good .5-1db for most power levels, even as low as 300 watts. It REALLY pulls away on burps when you get up to past 2k.. However, long term music on 2k the difference will probably be just as proncounced or moreso than your seeing here after a song or two.

Lasty, all high end Fi made subs won't play past 60hz, not sure how much that matters in your app, but if your looking for output up to 80hz a ZCON wont' give you that.. They are NOT SQ woofers beacuse of this, neither are XCONS , IMHO.
Not that it matters really but a hdc4 will?

Personally I would go on the hunt for a good motor and have a custom recone built to suite my needs so you can get closer to what you want.
Not looking to build a custom sub but if you have some other suggestions I'm open to ideas.

Just so everyone can stop being retarded with this "3inch coil for effeciency" nonsense...
AQ HDC4 Testing

There is a heads up tests of an hdc4 vs a hdc3. You can see the HDC4 has a good .5-1db for most power levels, even as low as 300 watts. It REALLY pulls away on burps when you get up to past 2k.. However, long term music on 2k the difference will probably be just as proncounced or moreso than your seeing here after a song or two.

Lasty, all high end Fi made subs won't play past 60hz, not sure how much that matters in your app, but if your looking for output up to 80hz a ZCON wont' give you that.. They are NOT SQ woofers beacuse of this, neither are XCONS , IMHO.
Um, my daily driver can play above 80hz if asked to, and the Xcon sounds quite good IMHO. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

BOTH are nice subs and in the right enclosure will work well. Flip a coin???

I was into HT before car audio, so 80Hz LPF is what I'm used to for subs and the HDC4 will play that high in the right enclosure...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.