zcon or hdc4

The zcon should do well as long as its not got those leads sandwiched between the spiders like fi likes to do it causes heat and wear and tare on the leads and premature failure. Are there any brands your just against.

The zcon should do well as long as its not got those leads sandwiched between the spiders like fi likes to do it causes heat and wear and tare on the leads and premature failure. Are there any brands your just against.
Not really against anyone, not a fan of dc and I don't want to wait more than a month for it.

I'm surprised he hasn't told you about his friend doing 180+ plus with one hdc4
Who's he?

SQ HDC4 nut huggers at their best.My buddy has one doing 190+. And no, I also do not have any proof. But its true because its a HDC4
So far you're the only person I've seen throw out crazy numbers

Just so everyone can stop being retarded with this "3inch coil for effeciency" nonsense...

AQ HDC4 Testing

There is a heads up tests of an hdc4 vs a hdc3. You can see the HDC4 has a good .5-1db for most power levels, even as low as 300 watts. It REALLY pulls away on burps when you get up to past 2k.. However, long term music on 2k the difference will probably be just as proncounced or moreso than your seeing here after a song or two.

Lasty, all high end Fi made subs won't play past 60hz, not sure how much that matters in your app, but if your looking for output up to 80hz a ZCON wont' give you that.. They are NOT SQ woofers beacuse of this, neither are XCONS , IMHO.

Where did I say 3"coil for efficiency I said aq sub isnt as efficient as others out there and yes that particular vehicle same box the hdc4 oit performed at 57hz

Personally I would go on the hunt for a good motor and have a custom recone built to suite my needs so you can get closer to what you want.

Where did I say 3"coil for efficiency I said aq sub isnt as efficient as others out there and yes that particular vehicle same box the hdc4 oit performed at 57hz
Not necessarily you, I saw it in at several places in this thread, honestly never bothered to look at the names, just kept coming up. In general I see it on here a lot, people seem to have the idea that if your not running 5k to a single sub then a 4inch coil is a waste of money or even a detriment, which is FAR from reality..

Car audio manufacturers can misrate their subwoofers all they want, but 3inch coils don't like more than 1500 watts RMS in many cases for daily.. Sure you can add lots of fancy cooling tricks, make the coil super thick so it won't play past 60hz worth a ****, but at the end of day, it's still going to run into thermal compression much faster than a 4inch coil as you approach 2k. Will most of these subs fall apart of 2.5k, well no, but are they gaining much compared to 1500 watts, no they aren't.... You also gain Bl when you step up to a bigger coil in most cases at well, which helps effeciency if anything.

Just so everyone can stop being retarded with this "3inch coil for effeciency" nonsense...
AQ HDC4 Testing

There is a heads up tests of an hdc4 vs a hdc3. You can see the HDC4 has a good .5-1db for most power levels, even as low as 300 watts. It REALLY pulls away on burps when you get up to past 2k.. However, long term music on 2k the difference will probably be just as proncounced or moreso than your seeing here after a song or two.

Lasty, all high end Fi made subs won't play past 60hz, not sure how much that matters in your app, but if your looking for output up to 80hz a ZCON wont' give you that.. They are NOT SQ woofers beacuse of this, neither are XCONS , IMHO.
Who plays 60+hz through their subwoofers? I suggest you invest in some better midbass speakers if you want a louder 80hz range

Sub-bass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not necessarily you, I saw it in at several places in this thread, honestly never bothered to look at the names, just kept coming up. In general I see it on here a lot, people seem to have the idea that if your not running 5k to a single sub then a 4inch coil is a waste of money or even a detriment, which is FAR from reality..
Car audio manufacturers can misrate their subwoofers all they want, but 3inch coils don't like more than 1500 watts RMS in many cases for daily.. Sure you can add lots of fancy cooling tricks, make the coil super thick so it won't play past 60hz worth a ****, but at the end of day, it's still going to run into thermal compression much faster than a 4inch coil as you approach 2k. Will most of these subs fall apart of 2.5k, well no, but are they gaining much compared to 1500 watts, no they aren't.... You also gain Bl when you step up to a bigger coil in most cases at well, which helps effeciency if anything.
You have no clue what you talking about, I suggest you stop before you make your self look like a bigger idiot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.