zcon or hdc4

I've only tested the HDC4 15" for about 30 minutes but it doesn't really like a 3 cube box. I think it's going to need at least 4 cubes if not more, considering I'm working with 2k. My Type R is actually louder in the current box, but the R likes a smaller box.
Here's a comparison photo with my Type R.

Soundqubed subs like bigger boxes. Put it in 5-6 cubes after displacement and watch it shine

well hdc 4 arent available at present moment but u can call zack with soundqubed and find out more i went hdc 3 aluminum personally over zcon ..i was leaning towards both ..toss up...went with soundqubed
I think most people would think the same thing but I like to be a little different

Soundqubed subs like bigger boxes. Put it in 5-6 cubes after displacement and watch it shine
I've only tested the HDC4 15" for about 30 minutes but it doesn't really like a 3 cube box. I think it's going to need at least 4 cubes if not more, considering I'm working with 2k. My Type R is actually louder in the current box, but the R likes a smaller box.
Here's a comparison photo with my Type R.

4" coil simply isn't as efficient as 3", but folks seem to think that whatever gear has the highest power rating on the package must be the best. It's the same thing that was going on in the 80's with the Chinese made flea market junk. The average car audio consumer is predictable if nothing else.

4" coil simply isn't as efficient as 3", but folks seem to think that whatever gear has the highest power rating on the package must be the best. It's the same thing that was going on in the 80's with the Chinese made flea market junk. The average car audio consumer is predictable if nothing else.
I think this as well but I've seen people say it isn't true. Is there any proof?

I think this as well but I've seen people say it isn't true. Is there any proof?
Yes, the 4" coil weighs a lot more and it also sacrifices motor force

The ZCON is still more efficient than a HDC 3, too. It's got quite a bit of motor force.

Yes, the 4" coil weighs a lot more and it also sacrifices motor force
The ZCON is still more efficient than a HDC 3, too. It's got quite a bit of motor force.
So you're saying BL is what makes one sub more efficient than another?

Talk to some people who have done R&D and testing. Also pay attention to the people dominating in the lanes. The lion's share of the biggest numbers are 3" coil subs, you can bet that if 4" would be louder even at those huge power levels Butler, Dante, etc. would be switching out of their DD-Z's in a hurry.

Talk to some people who have done R&D and testing. Also pay attention to the people dominating in the lanes. The lion's share of the biggest numbers are 3" coil subs, you can bet that if 4" would be louder even at those huge power levels Butler, Dante, etc. would be switching out of their DD-Z's in a hurry.
3 second wonder cars have NOTHING to do with daily set ups/musical vehicles...

Im going to say the Zcon because they to me are more efficient power wise. The HDC4 can take a monsterous amount of power and would probably laugh at the 2500rms from that at. I mean the Hdc3 is rated at 1k but would take 3kw easily if you know what your doing. Honestly if you want to go Soundqubed id get the Hdc3 before i got the hdc4 with that power
just so you know they rerated the hdc3 to 1500...

ok, for the op.... imo it would be win win for either sub.... imo the zcon is cleaner than the hdc4 and is quite beastly, but the hdc4 is a monster on the lows... I had 1 12 on a kx2500 and the thing wanted to open my rear doors from the trunk....

zcon- clean and powerful.....

hdc4- not as clean but monster on the lows and loud as all hell, just not as musical....

either is a great choice... guess it depends on what your going for... im sure you would be happy either way... I regret to this day selling my hdc4....

oh and my box wasnt that big either had it in a 2.2cu or around there lol box was made for a sa12... lol tuned to 33hz and big krit wanted to tear my car to pieces....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.