Zapco?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wonderbread
5,000+ posts

Against Avatar Theft
Vancouver BC
hey all you, i just got a Zapco Z50C2 200watt amp to run my Infinity Reference 605CS fronts, and my brand spanking new Infinity Reference 652i ( i think) 6.5" coaxials.

Will this do it??

also, anyone knowledgeable, is teh Zapco Z300 a good amp? i knwo these are a few years old, but i apid a really good price for the Z50C2 and i can get the 300 fora pretty good price too... anyone know how these will do? the 300 would be for my 1000 RMS Power DVC 12" RF sub, as it claims 1000 RMS from taht amp.

Thanks!

no zapco is for satanists!!! lol yes it will be ok but can i ask you why you got a humpin woof to go with pretty highs? i didnt realize you had that sub............if you like it fine if not get a perfect sub would blend really well.

to be perfectly honest with you, i ahd the woofers before i had the highs.

I got the 3 woofers togehter about 6-8 months ago, and then, with only the 8's going, i needed something to get more highs...

SO.....

bought the infinity comps, jsut bought infinity reference 6.5 coaxials for teh rears and i just picked up a zapco z50c2 amp to run the comps and coax's.

I have never even heard the woofer with FULL power running to it, but heard it with a little over 400 RMS, prolly closer to 500, from my old RF 200a2 amp. LOVED IT! lol anyways, thanks for the input, is getting that other zapco worth it? Z300C2? i might be able to get it for like 500 canadian...

I looked at the Zapco website and could not find a Z50C2. They still have the Z series on the website but are shown as not available. Is the one you have a four channel?

As far as the Z300C2, I believe retail was in excess of $650 when they were available.

I'm very happy with the SQ & performance of the Z300C2 that I currently have installed.

Bill

they are both older amps.

the gentleman who has them was going to become the zapco distributar for canada, or at least this part. a few years back.

he had a very sucessful car audio business but its now a home audio business.

the Z50C2 is a 2 channel amp, but i'll be using it as a 4 channel, seeing as i only ahve 2 preouts to start with and subs already installed, im not worried about losing my fader, meh.

its a 200 watt, 2 channel amp

the z300c2 is available to me for likely 500 canadian...

so like 50 US more than a JBL 1200.1 off the net

i can get them fairly inexpensively (relitivly speaking) but for that dough i can get more of another good brand...dont get me wrong it is a great company i just think it is over priced...like comparing a zr1 corvette to a lambo....for less than half the money you can set up a zr1 to whip its a$$ same way i think about zapco......

Wonderbread,

I have no experience with the sub you intend to use but here's what I've done with the Z300 & maybe someone else here can draw a comparison for your application.

Z300 bridged driving 2 - 2 ohm Boston Pro 8.5s, I believe wired in series, gain set to minimum.

I never play it loud enough to distort so I think the SQ is great. For what it's worth I had an "experienced (competion)" set of ears listen (no meters) - his comment - Bass is great to about 130dB then it starts distorting.

cool, waht sieze were those subs?

the Rf power is basically an SPL line although a few years ago (2000) b4 they went to the big ass surround, they ahda liot more SQ than they do now, not saying much, but meh lol.

hmmmm 8's pushin about 130 dB's, nto too shabby lol.

i think im getting up near the 110-120 mark with my RF 8's, they huirt from time to time lol,.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.