high level... answer quickly please

Participant count
  • Participant list

wickedmooch
10+ year member

do i need to hook up my high levels to something to get power through my amp... my amp is getting power but dosent give power out.. its a .....

NEW FOR 2001! 1800 WATT 4 CH AMPLIFIER ONLY $149

NEW FOR 2001! 1800 WATT 4 CH AMPLIFIER-NEW-NR

PYRAMID AMERICA

1800 WATT AMP!

NEW FOR 2001!

BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CARTON!

Pyramid PB1860

Product Features:

INCREDIBLE FOR SUBWOOFERS!

Four Channel Amplification

450 Watts x 4 Output

900 Watts x 2 Bridged or 450 Watts x 2 + 900 Watts x 1

Fully Adjustable Electronic Crossover Network

Variable Bass Boost (0~12dB @ 60Hz)

Soft Turn On/Off Circuit

2 Ohm Stereo Stable/Bridgeable into 4 Ohms

MOSFET PWM Power Supply

Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heatsink

Discreet Wire Connections

Variable Gain Control/Remote Turn On/Off

Hi/Lo Level Gold Plated MOLEX Inputs

Power On LED Indicator

LED Protection Indicator

S/N Ratio: > 95dB

THD:

Frequency Response: 10Hz - 30kHz

Thermal/Overload/Short Circuit Protection

Dimensions (LxHxW): 19" x 2.25" x 10.25"

This is the largest amp Pyramid has to offer. ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS TOTAL OUTPUT. Just think of the woofers you can push with this monster.

This is the largest amp Pyramid has to offer. ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS TOTAL OUTPUT. Just think of the woofers you can push with this monster.
Monster? The only thing Monstrous about that amp is the b/s they did to get it to push 1800 watts. LOL, I hear a new one everyday, nothing better than a few good laughs.

You need your RCA's from the h/u to the amps input level. You also need your main power wire from your battery to the amp, with a fuse near the battery. You'll need your remote lead, and a ground wire from the amp to the chassis of your car. Then all you have to do is hook up the speaker wire to the amp, and then you'll be on your way to finding out what crock of sh!t pyramid was cooking up when they put that amp on the market.

that is a common misconception most people have about pyramid amps... they expect to get power OUT of them. lol

seriously though... the formula for calculating or converting the power in/power out ratio for a pyramid amp is approximately "((volts in) x 16) / 5 = watts out"... or in your case...

(12 x 16) or (192) / 5 =38.4 watts out...LOL ... just kidding... i could'nt resist... lol:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.