zane you ever use cdt?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes....

They havent always left a favorable impression though.

Not enough mid bass response and the tweeters are rough sounding in the worst case scenarios.

Some of thier higher line up is a good deal better- smoother overall output.

I still prefer Morel Components hands down though.

take it easy,

-zane

well i am building a system in a sidekick cause (my old installer )kirk perry says it cant be done right. i have horns and stuff but the mid bass will have to go into the door and you sit high in a sidekick so i thought the controlled disperssion speakers would be good..........

Those speakers should do the trick to kind of level out the soundstage a bit- so long as you mind the crossovers.

They do take quite a bit of tweeking to get the sound just right- so there will be no points on the user friendly side - but otherwise, go for it.

take it easy,

-zane

i am waiting for the euro's to come out 3 way.....the 4" and tweet in kicks with the 7 in the door i have a dpx 4000 so i hope they will be a little more forgiving....regular speakers are alot different than horns..............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

i was thinking about going cdt but now i think i wont. their main guy says a memphis amp ***** and that zapco and us amps are better (tube amp) lol they are auidiophile amps blah blah blah funny my old car is now filled with memphis and it beat a zapco/focal car lol at a regional..............................hmmm guess wasnt an audiophile show huh? and i would really love for one of these "tweeks" to take a quality a/b amp against a zapco and blind fold them. i would bet a hundred dollars they couldnt tell the difference....then he told me i didnt know what "good was" like i never heard a set of good speakers. i have a b and w, dennon, and deffenitive technologies system in my room now, i used to sell 2700 system audio speakers for a year along with high end boston accoustic and defenitive technologies speakers lol. that bet i put up there is the same bet richard clark and david navone both made comments on about not being able to tell the difference......they also said that about 75 watt amps vs 100 watt amps . and its bad for great speakers to sound good at 130 db+...blah blah looks like ill get the jlaudio 3 way just for spite lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.