Z1 went poof?

Participant count
  • Participant list

captaincheesey
10+ year member

Change is Inevitable
So this is my first time dealing with a Z1, not a Z1a. It was working beautifully yesterday and part of today, then I played White Girl sitting still, not reving. It was stupid I know but the amp cut off. No magic smoke, no smell, just cut out. I looked back at the amp, the protection light isn't even on. It just says it is receiving no power at all. Used a meter to make sure the remote wire as well as power and ground inputs were receiving power, they are. Do the Z1s have any internal fusing that may have popped?

dsc001836dh.jpg

I don't see internal fuses, or any info relating to internal fusing by googling for 5 mins or so.

mm Check everything lol.

Something popped instantly before the thermal protect could kick on which would lead one to believe it was an instant fuse pop, maybe something funky happened with low voltage in the system...But I think those will run down to like 10v or lower don't quote me, but most high end amps will at least run down into lower voltages..Hmmm perplexing..

Note: I have this connected to two Shuriken BT-80s (Kinetik 1800 equivelents) I have a 225A HO alt, a red top up front, and have two runs of 1/0 power running to the back then two 1/0 grounds to the chassis.

Well the only way I can see trying to turn it back in is removing one of the wires then reinserting it, because I have turned the car off and back on, just showing no power to the amp. I am removing the amp on monday at the shop I do my work at to see if anything is burnt or blown up. Might be that something was just knocked loose and needs to be resoldered.

Went to the trunk to mess with the connections this morning, looks like one of the sets of power and ground are shorting out on each other. Gonna go get some electrical tape today and tape them off to see if that fixes it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.