Your thoughts on buying custom boxes online

I just got one delivered for my 2 sun down x8's and the quality is great. The box looks very well made and I'll be getting it in the car on thursday. I will update

Looks like he offers a bunch of different ones, some including bracing. Should I stay away from non-braced?
so to give you a point of reference, here's custom enclosures that are built with proper airspace and port area to really get subs loud. The ones you've named s*ck @ss and are in the same price range as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Cscstang-customs-544782418996602/photos

He's the go to guy but right now he has a shoulder surgery scheduled so i dont think he's accepting online orders.

Alright, thanks fellas. I'll shoot him a message now. Willing to pay for a custom box, but I cant complain with saving a few bucks
the box is the last thing you should cheap out on. Its the actual thing that gets you loud and good sounding. all other factors dont even come close to factoring into the loudness/sq vs a well designed box.

the box is the last thing you should cheap out on. Its the actual thing that gets you loud and good sounding. all other factors dont even come close to factoring into the loudness/sq vs a well designed box.
That's why I was surprised when I saw these custom boxes on ebay for $150+ and 500+ 5 star reviews. I'll be glad to pay a bit more if it means I get a nearly perfect product.

[quote name='mynameismatt']That's why I was surprised when I saw these custom boxes on ebay for $150+ and 500+ 5 star reviews. I'll be glad to pay a bit more if it means I get a nearly perfect product.[/QUOTE]

They are just a step up from atrend and the other ebay/amazon boxes. They dont use proper specs according to the subwoofer's TS parameters. Its just "A BOX" not a custom ported box. Custom means tailored to your vehicle acousitcs and subwoofer's electromechanical parameters. Not some cookie bullsh*t box sprinkled with magical marketing dust to trick unknowing noobs. The box you linked is garbage.far from quality, tiny lil 4 inch aero in a tiny box... really? For a sub like the zv3?? Dont believe those reviews for a second. They are just mostly noobs that were happy they got a box that didnt fall apart.. Hit up @Boomsday for a box shipped to your door, its similar pricing to that ebay box but way better built/designed. I believe him and mylows10 are the only active forum builders that will ship atm.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']They are just a step up from atrend and the other ebay/amazon boxes. They dont use proper specs according to the subwoofer's TS parameters. Its just "A BOX" not a custom ported box. Custom means tailored to your vehicle acousitcs and subwoofer's electromechanical parameters. Not some cookie bullsh*t box sprinkled with magical marketing dust to trick unknowing noobs. The box you linked is garbage.far from quality, tiny lil 4 inch aero in a tiny box... really? For a sub like the zv3?? Dont believe those reviews for a second. They are just mostly noobs that were happy they got a box that didnt fall apart.. Hit up @Boomsday for a box shipped to your door, its similar pricing to that ebay box but way better built/designed. I believe him and mylows10 are the only active forum builders that will ship atm.[/QUOTE]

I'll message him after giving cscstang a fair shake. I didn't know you could only get a fully customized box by using the available space dimensions, I figured you just went as big as possible without suffocating the port. As for now, my SA-12 is gonna have to blow apart my old sealed prefab until the new ported one gets here. And I thought I was gonna drop a grand and be happy with my system forever :emb:

too big can be bad, too small can be bad. You want the proper box that works best with your cabin gain and vehicle acoustics. There's much you need to learn about boxes before wasting more money left and right on junk ebay crap.

too big can be bad, too small can be bad. You want the proper box that works best with your cabin gain and vehicle acoustics. There's much you need to learn about boxes before wasting more money left and right on junk ebay crap.
Luckily I did my research before making a purchase. I don't mind sounding stupid as long as I learn a bit and get the product I want in the end. Gotta start out as a newbie and work my way up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.