Your Sub Crossover Frequency Setting?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tracyrick
10+ year member

Limited035
I listen to mostly prog. rock, rock, and metal and I'm crossing over my fronts to sub at 80HZ with a -18 db/octave slope using my Alpine CDA9813 HU. So far this sounds pretty good.

Anything higher like 100HZ and I start getting music out of my sub. Anything lower like 63HZ I can't really tell a difference yet...

Sub is JL Audio 12W6V2, fronts are MB Quart QSC216 6.5" component speakers with passive crossover.

I'm curious what other people set theirs at and what they get out of it? Do you cross the same way, or higher, or lower? Why?

I listen to mostly prog. rock, rock, and metal and I'm crossing over my fronts to sub at 80HZ with a -18 db/octave slope using my Alpine CDA9813 HU. So far this sounds pretty good.
Anything higher like 100HZ and I start getting music out of my sub. Anything lower like 63HZ I can't really tell a difference yet...

Sub is JL Audio 12W6V2, fronts are MB Quart QSC216 6.5" component speakers with passive crossover.

I'm curious what other people set theirs at and what they get out of it? Do you cross the same way, or higher, or lower? Why?
Most stay at 80 maybe a little lower. It's really a personal preference. Like if I have some components that play well crossed @ 63 then I cross my sub at 63. To me it sounds better. Right now my sub is at 80 and my components are at 80.

When I had subs I crossed them at 80 Hz and fronts at 63 Hz, sounded good to me.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.