Your feedback before I buy

BoominEclipse
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Any comments on the Focal 165K3Le?

I'm looking for the best sound for (well was 500 until now) $600+s/h to replace my fronts. I mean I want crystal clear sound like I heard in the MB Quart Q-Line, but going a bit cheaper than the ones I've heard.

Of course any suggestions are welcome.

Dont know if you have your mind set, or still shopping around. If you already havent, take a look at these, nicest comps ive ever had. Never fortunate enough to have diamond or focal though.

Image Dynamics Chameleon

Image Dynamics(HLCD)CD1 or CD2 horns

Digital designs makes great midbass

Those focals look nice, never heard them though. I have the cd1 horns and upgraded to the dd 6.5 mids. I just finished up my kicks and the sound reproduction is astonishing even somewhere around 150db.

I'm up for anything that sounds great. I haven't been able to hear Focals or CDT's in person since thy don't sell them around here. But after spending a few hours searching I'm confused because there's so many good brands. I just want the clarity at high levels, not something that gives me a headache. The Quarts sounded better as the volume went up and I have previous experience with them.

So I'm going to level it out here:

Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5

Focal 165 KP

CDT ES-600

MB Quart QSD164

Any suggestions?

Personally i like CDT they are all around the best sounding to me the boston are also very nice but i guess its all preference. Dont get me wrong Focal and image make nice products to but like i said its all preference.

Look into rainbows maybe? I have a couple sets of the lower models from rainbow and they sound great. I can only imagine what some of the higher models must sound like

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.