Yet another help thread, need a 4 channel amp

jankychopii

PR
I want a nice sq amp, my budget is $150 but I can extend if anything is worth it. I will be running for the front Hybrid Audio Unity components and MM6501 speakers (old ones that I found on the low, dont even know if they are legit) for rear fill.

Ive been thinking about these but i dont know if their SQ will be good.

Precision Power BK520.4 new 100-110 shipped

4 ohms: 95 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 130 watts x 4 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 260 watts x 2 chan.

Soundstream TA4.720 new 110 shipped

120 x 4 @4ohms

180 x 4 @2ohms

360 x 2 @4ohms

I also saw this JL 450/4 for 175 shipped

%24_57.JPG

Says that its in perfect working condition and I might pull the trigger because it accepts balanced input and I can match it with a JL 1000/1 that I have. Is it worth it?

Any other SQ new or used and maybe even old school that could work great on my system? Not really interested on the PPI 900.4 atm unless there's a really good sale or have better sq than any other options. Thanks

Personally that soundstream amp is a deal and a half. 150+w all day per channel for $110 brand new w/ a warranty.

The JL amp is great but at what cost... who's to say it will or won't work no warranty and if you need it fixed your paying $150 to have it shipped and fixed on top of what you already paid for it. Just my thoughts. I think its a no brainer tho...

id spend an extra $20, and get this Zapco. bridge it for your fronts, run the rear speakers off the deck
WoofersEtc.com - ST-4X - Zapco 4-Channel 320W RMS Class A/B Studio X Series Full Range Amplifier

make sure you set your gain right

heres how.. JL Audio » header » Support » Tutorials » Tutorial: Input Sensitivity (Gain) Setting

heres the test tones.. Realm of Excursion
Thanks, that test tone page rocks. But I cant run from my stock hu, but Im researching for more options. That Zapco amp caught my attention.

Personally that soundstream amp is a deal and a half. 150+w all day per channel for $110 brand new w/ a warranty.The JL amp is great but at what cost... who's to say it will or won't work no warranty and if you need it fixed your paying $150 to have it shipped and fixed on top of what you already paid for it. Just my thoughts. I think its a no brainer tho...
Yeah, but the thing that doesnt motivate me to buy that amp is that it doesn't accept high level, balanced inputs like the JL Slash amps. I have a Bose hu so I need an amp with differential balanced inputs. Don't really want to use loc's atm.

Thanks, that test tone page rocks. But I cant run from my stock hu, but Im researching for more options. That Zapco amp caught my attention.
what do you mean you cant run from your stock headunit?

what do you mean you cant run from your stock headunit?
My car is a G35 with Bose hu and Bose amp which *****. Im eliminating the Bose amp and going to use/need an amp with differential balanced signal so I dont need to use any LOC with the amps. They say that the awful EQ from that car is from the Bose amp and not the hu it's self.

buy the jl 300/4 from mylows or theres another on on here thats all scratched up for 175.
He sold it, the 450/4 I was about to buy is ignoring me now. Im watching amps on ebay now lol, seeing if a seller gives me a buy it now price since I hate waiting for auctions. lol

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

For now JL seems the way to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.