Yellow, Red or Blue Top?

jb2xx
10+ year member

I love asian babes!!
I am running a kicker kx400.1 specified at 400W but birthsheet claims about 480W. The other amp is 60Wx4 channels. I already did the big 3 but still getting some light dimming. I am going to go with a deep cycle battery.

What should I consider to resolve my problem? yellow, red or blue top batteries? What are the differences & what is recomended to save $$?

One other thing you might check into is a battery from lightning audio or rockford fosgate off sounddomain for 149. I to am looking for a battery to replace the red top in my trunk being that its not deep cycle and these caught my eye.. Both have the same build plate to them which is from Exide batteries, tried doing some research the other night about them. Look at both the batteries they are exactly identical except the sticker name!

A local shop thats ranked top50 in country said forget optima(and they carry them) and to consider Odyssey. His reasoning was that they don't hold there charge very well and that after 2-3 deep cycles, they need a recharge. Odyssey's batteries are small if your small on space and are the same as stinger. I'm in the process of acquiring their 1200. just passin on the info...

Yup, i have a red top! It's for sale actually! MINT Condition, about 6months old...still PLENTY of warranty left on it! It's the 800/980 red top!

Red tops are MADE to take the place of a starting battery...and can take hits from a system. Yellow tops and Blue tops are not MADE for starting, they are made for auxilary/deep cycle applications, and they ARE NOT covered under warranty as a starting battery!

Hit me up if you're interested!

NG

Forget the red, get the yellow or blue. the yellow and blue are the same thing, the blue just offers both terminals, screw down and post.
That's funny, I have a yellow top and I have both terminals, screw down and post... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The yellow tops should have no problem as a starting battery. I plan on replacing my stock two batteris in my truck with two Optima Yellow Tops, Group 31 series. If you read the specs, the CCA are better than most starting specific batteries of other companies.

i got a yellow top. It has both top posts and side screw connections. I would reccomend a red top though to replace your main battery. Blue tops are usually used in marine applications.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.