XTR Pro vs. P2 vs. Diamond M5

Participant count
  • Participant list
no.......go with the ones i showed u not 8's

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

when all else fails...go dcon

Anything but that XTR. But it all comes down to the box. If you plan on getting some prefab box you might as well go Sony. If you plan on doing a proper box and you thought the XTR sounded good you are in for a treat

one more ? does anyone know how should i design the enclosure? like an actual design not just the standard box built to specs but something like a t line or i'm not sure what other kinds there are to get a better response from the subs and lower hits.

Just get a dcon 12 and pay someone (Ram_Designs, Buck, Pro Rabbit, Moble Enclosures etc...) to design a box and cut sheet for you then just glue and screw it together and call it a day. Throw in a Maxxsonics (MB Quart, Crunch, Hifonics ) amp and you have a good sounding sub stage that will still get plenty loud for less than $250.

i really like the AQ subs but they are dual 4 ohm. could i wire the voice coils in parallel to get a 2 ohm load then the subs in series to get a single 4 ohm load for both subs then wire both bridged channels from my orion 8004 to the subs? it does 100x4 @ 4 ohms, 200x4 @2 ohms, and 400x2 @ 4 ohms bridged. Or could I get just one AQ and run 400 rms to each voice coil on a single sub and over power it a bit? could it handle it?

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like the AQ subs but they are dual 4 ohm. could i wire the voice coils in parallel to get a 2 ohm load then the subs in series to get a single 4 ohm load for both subs then wire both bridged channels from my orion 8004 to the subs? it does 100x4 @ 4 ohms, 200x4 @2 ohms, and 400x2 @ 4 ohms bridged. Or could I get just one AQ and run 400 rms to each voice coil on a single sub and over power it a bit? could it handle it?
If it's a dual 4ohm, you could just bridge it to 1 channel for a 2ohm load, if it's stable at 2 ohm bridged... that's if you're using one woofer. If you're using 2, You can be at either 1 or 4 ohms. I'm not sure of the specs on your amp so I can't be of much more help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.