XTR Pro vs. P2 vs. Diamond M5

Participant count
  • Participant list

FTSFTS
10+ year member

okay so i was looking to getting some new subs, and right now i was choosing between two orion XTR Pro for $129 each, two Rockford Fosgate p2 for $99 each. Both brand new dual 2 ohm, or also two diamond audio m5 121.8 single voice coil for 60 used. what do you guys think? My amp is an orion 8004 puts out 400x2 rms bridged. i know its pretty subjective to what sounds better for my money but i just wanted to get a general idea. i've had p2's before and i liked how they sounded and also open to suggestions. thanks in advance guys.

First 2 choices arent very good. I dont have any experience with the m5, but I have heard a diamond d6 and it had excellent sq and got pretty loud.

Whats your budget and what are you looking to get out of them? Lour or sq? and what kind of car?

a mix of both, i want it to sound pretty clear but i also don't want to give up being loud. and at the moment its a pretty tight budget. the diamond audio would have been bought now and the others in the future. it is going in a 2000 eclipse and could you explain whats wrong with the first two choices? thanks

well what are some other subs i could get for around that price? I know its subjective but i think that not individually but in general people would have similar likes/dislikes i just haven't had alot of experience with different brands because i come from a small rural UT town where basically our options to try before we buy were like Rockford, MTX, Kicker, JL, that kind of stuff

Look on the classifieds on here, run something your area doesn't have. Sundown, FI, Massive Audio, DD...etc. Bridge your amp to do 800x1 @2 or whatever it can do x1 and find a sub that handles around that much. I'd go with one sub.

and could you explain whats wrong with the first two choices? thanks
Cheap low quality parts and lack of quality control in manufacturing and excess marketing campaigns make them overpriced and underperforming compared to others.

The simple way to say it is they are not a good value for your money. You can get a better performing woofer for the same or cheaper.

Orions not as good as it use to be. If you have a 4 channel then either sell it and find a 2/1 channel or find 2 subs and bridge it to x2 and run each one at 400rms. Hell go with 2 8" Sundown or the TC Sounds on parts express or any other beastly 8.

Either get a new mono amp, or get a pair of subs to play on each bridged channel on your current amp. I'd recommend the Sundown 8, or the SKAR 8, or the Sound Splinter 8, or the TC Sounds 8. All much much better than anything you listed above. A bit pricier? Yes. But still on the low end of costs for a good quality sub. Will they get down low? You bet.

The absolute best thing you could do is save up for another month or 2 to raise your budget for something a bit less pathetic.

alright guys thanks for all the advice if the 8 get just as low i'm just going to save up for those they take up less space and i'm sure play all genres of music good right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.