Xtant subs!!!

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey...i was wondering if anyone knows anything about the xtant "x" series subs...i might decide to get one (or maybe 2), and i wanted to know if anyone has ever used them, and if theyre good/bad....i heard them the other day at a local shop, and man, they were pretty loud...they were using one 12, and had 1000w rms goin to it...and it was pretty amazing for one sub...3 weeks ago, they metered it, and it hit 147.3 (on the dash of course)....thats pretty **** good...well, i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them, and if i should get em or not...

p.s.-some of my other choices for subs were the rockford punch hx2, rockford power hx2, or the infinity kappa perfect (all 12's)....if i shouldnt go with the xtant, which should i go with?-im mainly looking for good-great spl, and sq is nice, but i dont really need a lot of it...k thanks

the perfects will likely be one of the softest of the group, but iwll have great SQ...

the Powers probably have the possibility of being the loudest, BUT they are power hungry SOB's... for goo dnumbers out of em, you will need to send them like 12-1500 watts rMS... dont worry taht they are 1000 RMS only, they will take it..

oh, and get em a nice big ole ported box, lol.

I'd say they are good subs...Have awesome SQ....Yet they do need a lot A LOT of wattage running to them...Once you have conquered the wattage needs..They should be pounding the HELL out of you...But for a sub that has that big RMS you can find some with the same RMS that can hit harder and have better SPL...Yes as said earlier..Definately get a LARGE ported box...If you get a sealed..You might have some problems on your hands!

Id say stick with xtant if you like the woofer and you have seen it perform. Rockford is a dime a dozen, iv never heard xtant subs before. Iv heard the amps and they are high quality, but I dont know if the subs are. Id try'em if I were you!!

Originally posted by hiloracerboy84 hey...i was wondering if anyone knows anything about the xtant "x" series subs...i might decide to get one (or maybe 2), and i wanted to know if anyone has ever used them, and if theyre good/bad....i heard them the other day at a local shop, and man, they were pretty loud...they were using one 12, and had 1000w rms goin to it...and it was pretty amazing for one sub...3 weeks ago, they metered it, and it hit 147.3 (on the dash of course)....thats pretty **** good...well, i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them, and if i should get em or not...

p.s.-some of my other choices for subs were the rockford punch hx2, rockford power hx2, or the infinity kappa perfect (all 12's)....if i shouldnt go with the xtant, which should i go with?-im mainly looking for good-great spl, and sq is nice, but i dont really need a lot of it...k thanks
147 with 1 12" Xtant...I don't know about that. What meter, where was the sub, and what box? What vehicle? I'm skeptical. Power HX2, big ole port should fit the bill if you have the flow for the amps, that is!

yeah i am skeptical about that 147 on the dash with 1 xtant also but hey you never know could have been in a chevy s-10 or something like that. now i would have to say that if your looking into those line of subs and want a ton of spl why not go with DD or Juggy's???

adam

i would try 2 elemental designs k 12's and a jbl 1200.1....500 ish that is about the cost of an xtant sub...,the xtant subs i heard werent that great even at half their cost and for what you can get this system for why get a mediocre 12 when you can get a whole system? http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/kseries.htm and you can get 2 L5 12 solo's for 300ish as well least at a local shop those even out perform the top end xtants.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.