xtant 1000.1 vs. tsunami D1100.1

If I knew I could get an Xtant 1001 for that price I would definitely go with it. Nothing against the Tsunami but a 1001 is a terrific amplifier. There is a reason it normally costs wayyy more than Tsunami. Its up to you of course, but 5 c-notes for a great amp that normally goes for 10 c-notes is what we call a steal. Go for it. Just my opinion of course.
There's also a reason why the Tsunami is priced so low in comparsion to the Xtant....

There's also a reason why the Tsunami is priced so low in comparsion to the Xtant....
:stuck: Ok, and what would that reason be? Just curious of course, if I were in this predicament I would go with the Xtant. Just my two cent yo.

Adam

i never learned roman numerals up that high. i was just making fun of adam71 hehehehe
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif Everyone is always making fun of me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

LOL

Adam

I will be running a single 18xxx in a 6 cu ft box tune ported to around 30-33 hz. The amp will run at 2 ohms which puts out 1000 rms, though I think it is a little closer to around 1200-1300 watts rms. The 18xxx is rated at 1600 rms.

well, i am always keen to support new, up and coming companies which seem to have a staedy reputation.

sure, you gotta ask yourself why the tsunami is so cheap - the parts will no doubt be cheaper and the unit is probably manufactrured somewhere in the far east, so obviously labor will be cheaper and as a result these savings can be passed onto cost price.

i vote tsunami //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

:stuck: Ok, and what would that reason be? Just curious of course, if I were in this predicament I would go with the Xtant. Just my two cent yo.
Adam
Because Tsunami is no longer going to produce/manufacture amplifiers, so they basically gave ED the stock of what was remaining and had them sell 'em at closeout prices....the original MSRP of the Tsunami is very close to that of the Xtant.....

Because Tsunami is no longer going to produce/manufacture amplifiers, so they basically gave ED the stock of what was remaining and had them sell 'em at closeout prices....the original MSRP of the Tsunami is very close to that of the Xtant.....
Ok, I undertand. But wouldn't the fact that they are NO longer making amps make someone go in a different direction.?? It would for me I know that much.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, I undertand. But wouldn't the fact that they are NO longer making amps make someone go in a different direction.?? It would for me I know that much.
Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
If you don't trust your install skills enough to not blow an amp, then yes.

If you don't trust your install skills enough to not blow an amp, then yes.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Actually, what I'm talking about has nothing to with install skills. I trust MY install skills as much as I would trust a PRO not to blow it up. What I was getting at is the fact that if they aren't being made anymore then they may not stand behind them like they should.......example: if there was something wrong with the amp due to a mfg. flaw then if they don't make the amps anymore will there still be someone there that can fix it.?

Adam

:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Actually, what I'm talking about has nothing to with install skills. I trust MY install skills as much as I would trust a PRO not to blow it up. What I was getting at is the fact that if they aren't being made anymore then they may not stand behind them like they should.......example: if there was something wrong with the amp due to a mfg. flaw then if they don't make the amps anymore will there still be someone there that can fix it.?
Adam

:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Well....they're very well-built amps, so the chances of that happening are rather slim, but if it did, then I doubt they would fix it for you (although I'm not sure of their/ED's policy)....but you can always find someone that will fix it

Well....they're very well-built amps, so the chances of that happening are rather slim, but if it did, then I doubt they would fix it for you (although I'm not sure of their/ED's policy)....but you can always find someone that will fix it
Well built or not....if they aren't going to stand behind them then they aren't worth it in my opinion. And I find it very hard to believe that they would be better built than Xtant amps anyway. So you take 2 different brands that are pretty close in build quality and only one of them (Xtant) is going to stand behind there products. My "hands-down" choice would be Xtant. Only makes sense.

Adam :thumbs_up

Well built or not....if they aren't going to stand behind them then they aren't worth it in my opinion. And I find it very hard to believe that they would be better built than Xtant amps anyway. So you take 2 different brands that are pretty close in build quality and only one of them (Xtant) is going to stand behind there products. My "hands-down" choice would be Xtant. Only makes sense.
Adam :thumbs_up
Well of course, that is in an ideal world....but when the Tsunami costs half as much as the Xtant, it changes things significantly.....but it all depends on what the consumer values more.

I think we've beaten this topic to death. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well of course, that is in an ideal world....but when the Tsunami costs half as much as the Xtant, it changes things significantly.....but it all depends on what the consumer values more.
I think we've beaten this topic to death. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thats true man, peace out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Adam

thanks for the help folks..I think I have made my decision.

I will be ordering the xtant next week along with the 18xxx.

It would be sooner but a huge car show is coming to town next week..the NOPI NATS. There will be plenty of audio gear for sale at the show and I wanted to hold on the to the money and check for sales at the show first before I place my order. Maybe I might find something else I want at the show.

Anyone out there attending the show?

I will be at the show with my turbo Civic Si and I may try to also bring my Caddilac into the show too although the sound system is not complete yet... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.