XM Sat. stopped working ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

SuperTrooper
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Went to turn on my vehicle yesterday and right when I started it all the speakers kinda made a popping sound and then there was silence. I looked down at my HU ( Pioneer 8600mp ) and where it usually says XM it was blank. I hit the source button and the tuner came on and is working fine and the cd player. But the XM sattilite is gone. I checked all connection and everything. It all looks to be good. Do you think it's the HU that fried or maybe the XM set-up that is messed up? I called XM my account is good so I know they did'nt just shut it off. I'm guessing the HU fried atleast the function for my XM. Do any of you have any suggestions or maybe have ran in to this problem before? Thanks for any help in advance.

Man, second day with no XM. Regular radio sux!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Later......

try resetting the XM Tuner first and see what you get, if nothing. try resetting the

HU second. it's been a while since i've gotten rid of my pio setup with xm (910)

but if i am correct that pio XM tuner should have a reset button that you might

have topush inwith a ball point pen or something small. and if my memory serves

me correct, isn't there a power wire that connects to the pioneer xm tuners?? if so,

check that too. if you get nothing take it back to the place where you got it install

and let them check it out. i had a prob with my alpine xm tuner last wk where it

just bypassed xm all together, i had switched tuner areas on my hu to "tuner area

2" and it should have been set to "tuner area 1." i don't know if pioneer has

anything similar to that, but after 3 days w/o xm i switched the tuner area back to

TA 1 and voila! i had XM again. hope this helps

Kewl, Thanks for the info. I have reset the HU already and nothing happened accept having to re-tweak all the tunings again. But I will check out the the sat. reset. Thanks again.

if its xm direct for pioneer useing the terk units. check the fuse holder. they like to crack apart.
Too Cool !!! That was it. The little fuse holder little plastic thingy did break apart and the fuse was loose. Taped it up and Wa Laa, XM again. Man the sound quality is so much better than listening to regular radio. Thanks azbass. Be cool. Later.........

no problem. i change the fuse holder on thoes units to a better one, when we install em. to many people have come back, because their pioneer xm stopped working,.

Well why I have you audio pro's here. Since I have put my system in my X-terra my dash board light went out. I checked every fuse under the dash and under the hood and they are all still good. Any idea's what could have caused this ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.