XM radio

If you are thinking about satellite radio in general, you may also want to check out sirius.

Do you already have an aftermarket satellite ready deck in your car? If so, I would say go with whatever service the deck controls.

If you are looking for one of the plug and play receivers, check out best buy, circuit city, etc.

You can also check out xmradio.com and sirius.com for any special deals. If you buy a sirius ready radio(clarion, kenwood, panasonic, etc), you get the sirius receiver free when you sign up for a year(and when you sign up for a year, you get 3 months free).

I love sirius, and I think once you have satellite radio(either service), you will never go without it again. :O)

You need a tuner which is about $150 and an antenna which is $50.

Or you could buy a seperate Sirius unit, get a car kit and home kit with antennas for $150, and have a better service that you can use in your car and house.

Sirius doesnt make this too clear on the site. If you get plug and play, what else do you need? Do you have to have an XM or Sirius-ready HU to use plug and play?

Just an aux-in, tape, or FM radio depending on how you want to hook it up.

The radio can be from 1950 if it has a FM radio on it or cassette, so no it does not need to be ready for anything to use the satelite add on tuners.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.