XM radio for alpine CDA-9827

Participant count
  • Participant list

slack
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
Sup guys, this xmas i want XM radio. I have the cda-9827 which has the inbuilt xm controls, but all i need is the tuner.

in my 9827 manual, it says i need the TUA-T021XM tuner. Ive been looking around on ebay and whatnot and i can only find the TUA-T020XM. im wondering if that would still work with my head unit.

any help would be appreciated

Alpine is supposed to release their adaptor cable for the TERK universal XM tuner. The combo is supposed to cost around $100. I have heard this for months though and they always push back on the date. I got fed up and went and bought the Sirius package. The Model number you want is the SIR-ALP1. Everyone will tell you that you have to have a 2004 model HU. They are WRONG. I have heard this from Crutchfield and a couple of local installers. I called an Alpine tech and he said they do work. So I went and bought one, and it works great!

Took me about 15 minutes to install and activate. Don't wait on XM, get Sirius now...

Alpine is supposed to release their adaptor cable for the TERK universal XM tuner. The combo is supposed to cost around $100. I have heard this for months though and they always push back on the date. I got fed up and went and bought the Sirius package. The Model number you want is the SIR-ALP1. Everyone will tell you that you have to have a 2004 model HU. They are WRONG. I have heard this from Crutchfield and a couple of local installers. I called an Alpine tech and he said they do work. So I went and bought one, and it works great!
Took me about 15 minutes to install and activate. Don't wait on XM, get Sirius now...

so is there a way to get sirius to work with my head unit? cuz my dad wants to get sirius. I dont really care, i just wanted XM because it is integrated into my head unit.

i also found a universal tuner

http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=xmdirectam

it says the alpine set up wont be ready till december of 04 and it is december of 04!!!

anybody know anythign about that

exactly! For $80 I got Sirius versus more than $100 for XM. Plus Alpine has said that the XM stuff will be out since 10/03. I doubt it will be out this month.

I have a cda-9811 and it works fine. You won't be disappointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slack

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
slack
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date