Alpine CDA-9830

Participant count
  • Participant list

Puggsley456
10+ year member

Who said you could talk?
My brother just had this Alpine CDA-9830 HU installed and I am trying to set up the internal crossovers for him so his internal 4x6's dont get any low frequencies. I am not very familiar with Alpine HU's. When I adjust the high pass crossover does that limit the freq to the speakers(speaker wire outputs on HU) and not the preouts or does it limit the freq to everything? Because when I turn the hp to 120hz it seems to cut the sub output down.

Any help would be apreciated.

I had this same problem. You have to set the low frequency as well, setting just the HF will limit the entire system. When you adjust the low frequency crossover, it only affects the sub.

Hit the Band button to switch between the two.

I found it very helpful to have the manual with me while I got used to the operation of the equalizers. The filters, both low & high, are just there to assist you in letting through desireable frequencies. LPF will assist your sub because the 9830 comes with sub pre-amp. Then HPF will assist your mids & highs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.