xm HOME setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

brent

i was just wondering, if I got the CAR setup for XM.....the PLUG and PLAY one, will it work in my home if i stick the antenna out the window or something? i am curious, cause they are basically the same....the home and car kit, but with different adapters obviously......just wondering if anyone knows.

see, the home adapter is close to $200, all it gives you is a different power supply (which i can buy at radio shack), different cables (which i already have), and another antenna (which i can use from my plug and play). so my question is, does anyone know how many degrees around the antenna needs to receive the signal? if i just stuck it outside my living room window, i wonder if 180 degrees around is enough to get a signal......??

well, i bought the sony now and installed it in my car.....i thought with the antenna you could just throw it up there when you were in your car, and then use the same antenna in the house. didn;t work that way. you have to use wire clips and some other things, and put the antenna in permanently.....that works best. i guess i can get the home kit from crutchfield for $150.....not bad. i guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.