Xcon or W7?

dont plan on it either.....
first hand experience with the w7 is wha ti base my opinions off

So you are making an opion based only owning a JL w7 and have no idea about the Xcon so how do you know the soft parts are better?

Oh and you will.

So you are making an opion based only owning a JL w7 and have no idea about the Xcon so how do you know the soft parts are better?
Oh and you will.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

no I know where it's made, and how many oem problems the companies have had. I've seen magnet slugs break in half for no reason, tinsel leads frying at rms ect. ect. besides the ssa guys are jack ***'s
Wow, quality post. Seeing that not one of our drivers have ever had that issue, your point is, well pointless.

I have some Mags that will give those W7 a run for the money, tell you what I have let people listen to my setup along with guys running W7s12" and my Mags handled more power and hit just as low but hads a smoother sound more musical see if you set the Mags of right they will Play a wider bandwidth and will play all types of music and Play it **** Loud

I have some Mags that will give those W7 a run for the money, tell you what I have let people listen to my setup along with guys running W7s12" and my Mags handled more power and hit just as low but hads a smoother sound more musical see if you set the Mags of right they will Play a wider bandwidth and will play all types of music and Play it **** Loud
Not sure why everyone mentions "how" low a sub gets in all of their posts, but its irrelevant. Thats what a sub is made to do. Some get lower than others, but thats all in the box and tuning.

The only way PSI is/was reconing the JL subs (W6 and W7) was with a different basket, since the JL basket uses JL's patented surround. So while it is true you *can* get a JL sub reconed from someone other than JL, its a hassle, its more expensive than reconing a more traditional design, and you end up only using the motor itself. And like said above, even the motor in some instances uses an odd sized coil.

The only way PSI is/was reconing the JL subs (W6 and W7) was with a different basket, since the JL basket uses JL's patented surround. So while it is true you *can* get a JL sub reconed from someone other than JL, its a hassle, and you end up only using the motor itself. And like said above, even the motor in some instances uses an odd sized coil.
PSI wont even do them. He did one and it was to much hassle so he said he would never recone another JL W7.

Mag? What's their web site?

the mags are great, just hard to find.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Guyver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Guyver
St. Paul, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date