wtf is this sound

pablo4429
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
san diego
hey guys

ok today i was washing my car and listening to my stereo and i heard a rattling sound from the back where my sub is. i listened really closely and heard it coming from the sub and box. i then took out the sub and played it not that loud is free air and it made the same sound. it sounded like something was rattling inside the sub but i couldnt see anything. could i be giving it too much power? or what?

thanks

Does it sound like a rattle, or more of a fart? Fart could mean its blown.. A rattle couple be a number of things... Could be a damaged tinsel lead bouncing around, check to make sure each tinsel is in tact.

Im going to guess a damaged tinsel. I had the same problem and sent my sub in. What kind of box is it in? I beleive mine came from tuning to high

its in a sealed box about 1.75 cu

i turned the gain down and now its not as loud but its not making the sound anymore

u think thats just fixing a symptom not a problem

Hmm... an L7 in a small sealed enclosure with a large amp. Yeah, it's possibly the tinsel lead. I've heard other owners of the L7 have similar happen to them. Check to see if it's under warranty and if it is, send it in before it runs out.

and lets say it is the tinsel leads can i take it to a car audio shop or do i have to have it replaced by kicker cuz i bought it off ebay and i guess the company i bought it from gave me a 6 month warantee but i think its through that compay so they hopefully would send me a new one but i gotta pay for shipping (like 50 bucks round trip)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.