WTF Dustin!

he didnt want to build it or he didnt have time to build it? just curious as there is a difference. and im sure that after he found out what has happened to you he will return your money in another way. calling him out like he is a shady guy is helping no one.

he didnt want to build it or he didnt have time to build it? just curious as there is a difference. and im sure that after he found out what has happened to you he will return your money in another way. calling him out like he is a shady guy is helping no one.

here is the email i got after the refund:

We just refunded your payment. While Dustin tried to make everything work he could, UPS(and all other logistic companies) simply wanted far to much for shipping and the hassle and paper work required for us to ship to you simply was not worth the effort for such a low cost item with next to no actual profit. It was my call to decide and refund your money and I do apologize for this. Good luck with your build and I hope you find someone willing to work with you on price, shipping, and get you want you need.

so it was to much of a hassle for them.

We just refunded your payment. While Dustin tried to make everything work he could, UPS(and all other logistic companies) simply wanted far to much for shipping and the hassle and paper work required for us to ship to you simply was not worth the effort for such a low cost item with next to no actual profit. It was my call to decide and refund your money and I do apologize for this. Good luck with your build and I hope you find someone willing to work with you on price, shipping, and get you want you need.

Seems like someone should have done some more quoting before they actually finished this transaction. But, get your money back and take it elsewhere I guess.

not to be a d!ck but that seems pretty fair to me. just let him know that your refunded money isnt attainable and he will help you out.

not to be a d!ck but that seems pretty fair to me. just let him know that your refunded money isnt attainable and he will help you out.

umm not really, he should have got an actual quote for shipping, or he could have emailed me asking for some more coin for shipping. if he thought it was going to be to much of a hassle he should have said no from the begining instead of taking my money and making me wait 3 weeks with no communication, and giving me a refund out of the blue with not even telling me about it.

umm not really, he should have got an actual quote for shipping, or he could have emailed me asking for some more coin for shipping. if he thought it was going to be to much of a hassle he should have said no from the begining instead of taking my money and making me wait 3 weeks with no communication, and giving me a refund out of the blue with not even telling me about it.
Agreed.. Then again, they do have this new "100% shipping guarantee"... So that costs the big bucks.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

But really, he should have said so right away that they were either too busy, or needed to charge more. Some people want their stuff done yesterday. I'd be pissed if it was 3 weeks and I had nothing to show for my patience, not even an email do update.

Agreed.. Then again, they do have this new "100% shipping guarantee"... So that costs the big bucks.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gifBut really, he should have said so right away that they were either too busy, or needed to charge more. Some people want their stuff done yesterday. I'd be pissed if it was 3 weeks and I had nothing to show for my patience, not even an email do update.

the way i see it. u took on a job, u qouted a price and the invoice was paid. u should see the job threw no matter if u loose money, break even, or break a profit. it is not the buyers fault that he wasnt qouted a proper price for the company to make money, especially after waiting 3 weeks for a product. not meh to much paperwork and we cant make enough money off you so to bad here is ur money back.

Lol wow yea I've been seeing that guy getting a lot of negative stuff said about him glad I will never buy from him now still some one paid u to build something and u got lazy and didn't want to do it that's unprofessional

We took on the job but in the end there was no way to make it work with in the budget after everything was considered. Shipping to Canada was simply killing the funding.

As for our 100% guaranteed shipping, that is because we are the only enclosure company there currently packages 100% to the packaging requirements. It does not cost any more to our customers for this service. It is simply us ensuring our items arrive the same as they left. It also insures that if there is a shipping issue like lost or damaged packages they are 100% covered with no exceptions.

Lol wow yea I've been seeing that guy getting a lot of negative stuff said about him glad I will never buy from him now still some one paid u to build something and u got lazy and didn't want to do it that's unprofessional
There was nothing lazy about the build. I'm sorry you feel that way but things do come up. I explained the delay to Doug previously as we were out of town for some time for various reasons. If he truelly wants to get the port built I will figure out if that needs to happen. However, he can contact me at any time to resolve this. He did not.

The decision to refund the money was based on several things including the shipping to Canada as well as the time delay we had. It was going to take much longer to get through some of the "red tape" in order for us to get that to him and that was not made clear to me or anyone else at the time we gave the quote. We as a company felt the best course of action was to simply refund him the money. I was never made aware that it was paid via disposable gift card. I will send him an email to see what he needs us to do to ensure he his reimbursed the funds.

How long was the job to break even just curious not taking sides
It wasn't how long the job would take at all, it was the shipping the created such an issue. We can ship anywhere in the world, but for some reason shipping to Canada(which we normally do not do) has created a horrible issue. Perhaps it was the method in which we were trying to ship, but after long discussions with both UPS and FedEx it seemed we were out of options.

the way i see it. u took on a job, u qouted a price and the invoice was paid. u should see the job threw no matter if u loose money, break even, or break a profit. it is not the buyers fault that he wasnt qouted a proper price for the company to make money, especially after waiting 3 weeks for a product. not meh to much paperwork and we cant make enough money off you so to bad here is ur money back.
The decision was made more so based on the shipping issues we were having. If it comes down to it, we will figure out how to rectify the situation with him. We felt that a simple refund was the best course of action.

There was nothing lazy about the build. I'm sorry you feel that way but things do come up. I explained the delay to Doug previously as we were out of town for some time for various reasons. If he truelly wants to get the port built I will figure out if that needs to happen. However, he can contact me at any time to resolve this. He did not.
The decision to refund the money was based on several things including the shipping to Canada as well as the time delay we had. It was going to take much longer to get through some of the "red tape" in order for us to get that to him and that was not made clear to me or anyone else at the time we gave the quote. We as a company felt the best course of action was to simply refund him the money. I was never made aware that it was paid via disposable gift card. I will send him an email to see what he needs us to do to ensure he his reimbursed the funds.
dustin i sent you an email over a week ago and you replied to me, the wood is cut and laying on an assembly table should be shipped out soon. and tonight i get a refund, which 39.41 of it went back on to the giftcard, you could have emailed or messaged me on fb and said this is the problem, and we could have worked some thing out or told me about the refund.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

splwj47

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
splwj47
Great White North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date