WTF Dustin!

umm not really, he should have got an actual quote for shipping, or he could have emailed me asking for some more coin for shipping. if he thought it was going to be to much of a hassle he should have said no from the begining instead of taking my money and making me wait 3 weeks with no communication, and giving me a refund out of the blue with not even telling me about it.
Please explain how you get a quote for something that you have never built before? Especially since you dont know finished dimensions or weight.

Please explain how you get a quote for something that you have never built before? Especially since you dont know finished dimensions or weight.
finished demensions are simple since he is just building a design, 14X15.5X11.75. the weight well that is a guess.

Didn't kno he was in Canada he still should have known better then that to not take a job on something out of country just looks bad that he quit on him at least he is refunding u tho

Didn't kno he was in Canada he still should have known better then that to not take a job on something out of country just looks bad that he quit on him at least he is refunding u tho
While I can understand this stand point that is not exactly what transpired. We ship all all over the world with zero issues currently.

The issue came from Amber and how she refunded the funds. She should have sent out an email explaining the situation in full detail and wait for a response before she sent out the refund. This IS our standard procedure, but she is a bit new to the situation.

The refund was issued as a way to get this moving forward. While delays do happen and they are unfortunite, we do not like having situations "drag on". Once we ran into a new obstacle with shipping and we knew this was going to increase the time frame in shipping Amber decided a refund was best. Not to "ditch the build", but to allow for easier communication for how to resolve the issue. We find that if an issue arises with something that will further delay the build/shipment, it is better to send a refund and discuss options. This allows the client to have their funds in hand while trying to figure out the best course of action. It is their choice to continue with the purchase and resend the funds or not. Typically this is clearly talked about via email, however, in this case it was not and this is what created an issue.

I am in Canada, and everyone always complains about shipping here from the US. They say there is way too much red tape to send something.

DO NOT USE UPS OR FED EX!!!!

When the package arrives here with them, the person receiving the package then has to pay taxes, duty, and brokerage on the item. So all of that on top of the original shipping charge.

USPS/Canada Post charges us the taxes. The little bit extra they charge in postage up front more than makes up for the back door costs the other companies hit us with. I know USPS is the worst way to ship with the cont 48, but it is the best wy to ship to Canada.

I have been burned by UPS for $60 in fees when it was delivered on a $40 part that cost $15 to ship.....so a $40 part cost me $115.....because the shipper insisted on UPS.

You can get tracking and insurance through USPS as well so no worries there.

And yes I send/receive to the US about 2-3 times a month. So I know what I am talking about.

Yea, Canada is one place we just don't ship very often at all. We ship to other countries by that freight shipments by the pallet load.

I have a USPS rep swinging by later anyway, so we will be discussing options we can work with on Canada shipping.

Yeah, if you have a commercial account with them you can get much better rates. Also look into flat rate postage and doing knock down style boxes that people only have to glue/screw together. It may save a pile in ship costs. Most people have glue and a drill. Heck, you could even mark where to put screws in, and a quick assy guide.

USPS/Canada Post charges us the taxes. The little bit extra they charge in postage up front more than makes up for the back door costs the other companies hit us with. I know USPS is the worst way to ship with the cont 48, but it is the best wy to ship to Canada.
Actually, USPS is quickly becoming the best way to send stuff nearly everywhere. However, it's been 3 mo since I've send something to China and it still hasn't arrived....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

splwj47

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
splwj47
Great White North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date