Durango custom box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

perferd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
windsor
So I am looking at a sub(s) for my 02 durango with third row seating. I was wondering if you guys have a box like or can make a box like the durango mtx thunderform? That box basically fits in the tray behind the third row seat. This would be completely stealth and would never been seen vs just a random square/rectangle box behind the seat...

I can take as many pics as needed with whatever info needed if you dont happen to have a durango handy...

Thanks

BTW: When I say like I just mean an empty box that will fit in the spot in question...

Could do something similar if we had the dims to work with since we don't have one of those trucks here.

Pictures and any dimensions that you can get would help us out and we can see what we can work up.

Here is a quick vid I will post up pics and give measurements too...

Not exactly sure how this whole linking thing works so...

What sub are you trying to fit in that area? There is very little volume with the dims you have listed. Only around .62ft3 of gross volume which would work for a single 10" sealed.

Honestly bro, just lay the seat down and put a normal box in, be much easier and would get rid of the hassle and $ for a custom sized box like that, just my opinion

Yeah been thinking about it and that spot just might not be worth it...but it is stealth nobody would even know I had something in there to steal and I could still use the rear for whatever without having to take a big box out...

As for sub I think there is only room for 1 or 2 8" shallow mount subs...I did a quick search on woofer and there are not many 8" subs...only like earthquake rockford pioneer kicker kenwood

Nice setup but for me that's about 4times too big for me lol. Even if I can't do it in the tray it will go behind the third row seat while up and most likely a single 10 or 12.

In a durango I would go with two 10's or 12's if you're wanting to stay fairly small, but just one (betting on you won't get a competition type sub) won't really suffice in a SUV of that size all the way back there haha

^I thought of that too but I dont want to rock my block I just want good Deep Clean Bass to compliment my system not take over...

No need to even worry about this anymore. I have made up my mind completely now and going with 1 sa12 ported...

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent in a request on your site so whenever you get to it its all good. Hope all is well with your old man and have a great time at the wedding party...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

perferd

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
perferd
windsor
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date