WTF Did I Do

I have replaced the radio fuse. I need to go and get a multimeter in order to pursue the rest of the suggestions. I will check the power leads as soon as I get back. As for checking it at the amp, the manuel stats that there should be a power indication LED once the remote line is connected and the ign is on. I have yet to see that LED lol.

The lock mode or demo mode I am not sure about. It does have a demo mode although it is not demonstrating anything. there is no display at all. Like I said this is my first attempt at this hobby so I will probably know less than you think I will.

All of this is helping out alot thank you everyone for taking the time. I am going to wait out this TX death storm coming in then go get a multimeter to get to the next step. I will reply with the results.

here is what i woudl do

unhook amp from radio

check for a good ground at radio

check for +12v

check for switched 12v

unhook radio harness for a few min and plug back in to reset radio

remove radio faceplate and firmly reinstall making sure its properly seated, been there and done that

Did you hook up the remote wire from stereo to amp. Why would you even think about running any remote to a 12v source unless your using a stock HU. What remote did you run to the 12v. If you hooked up your radio remote wire to 12v then go buy a new head unit because you fried it. I wouldn't even run an amp remote to a 12v source

Lets break this down into some simple steps.

un hook the speakers from the amp and radio. Get a 1.5 aa or aaa battery and touch the + to + and - to - the speaker should thump and the cone should jump up just do it briefly. If you hear sound out of all your speakers ok they are wired right. Now hook them back up un hook the rcas from the HU hook the battery pos cable back up your ground as well and attach the remote turn on wire to the pos of your amp the amp should turn on. Take the remote turn on wire off amp should turn off. OK if thats good then get your ipod and a headphone to rca connector. plug those into the rcas and turn on your ipod then hook up your remote turn on. You should now hear music in your amp. Make sure your amps gain or input level is turns about half way up. turned all the way down no sound. Ok now you know your amp and speakers work. Now go hook up your stereo +,- constant hot memory wire . turn on your key and see if the stereo comes on. If it does turn it off hook up your rcas to your amp turn your stereo back on and then touch the remote turn on to your + wire. you should have sound. if you don't its your head unit. make sure you have the CD player working or the radio working. if you choose radio make sure your antenna is plugged in. Hope this helps. make sure to check all your fuses and make sure you are wiring it correctly into your silverado. another thing to check make sure your silverado doesn't already have a factory amp in it. this would mess up trying to get sound out of your stereo.

Did you hook up the remote wire from stereo to amp. Why would you even think about running any remote to a 12v source unless your using a stock HU. What remote did you run to the 12v. If you hooked up your radio remote wire to 12v then go buy a new head unit because you fried it. I wouldn't even run an amp remote to a 12v source
Because some headunits put out very little current. I've always wired my amps off a switched ignition circuit, throw in a switch and a smallish fuse. Then I can even run a small muffin fan off the remote lead in the trunk without worrying about smoking the head unit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OP, If I recall Wally World sells a cheapo multimeter in the automotive section for under ten bucks.. You shouldn't need anything too fancy, but it is an invaluable tool to have in your arsenal. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wow this forum is more than helpful it is god sent to a newbie. I took in all accounts that you guys have suggested. Come to find out that the splice I put in blew an entire circuit in the secondary fuse box. A trip to advanced auto parts and I am in the game. the only thing that I am haveing issues with no is that my deck is not playing cd's but the display and radio are fully operational.

I am going to scour through the HU manual to see if I can trouble shoot it. If I can't get it to go I will just have to wait till I can get a new HU. Again thank you everyone for the help I couldn't have done it with out yall

Wow this forum is more than helpful it is god sent to a newbie. I took in all accounts that you guys have suggested. Come to find out that the splice I put in blew an entire circuit in the secondary fuse box. A trip to advanced auto parts and I am in the game. the only thing that I am haveing issues with no is that my deck is not playing cd's but the display and radio are fully operational.
I am going to scour through the HU manual to see if I can trouble shoot it. If I can't get it to go I will just have to wait till I can get a new HU. Again thank you everyone for the help I couldn't have done it with out yall
Find the true wire and where it starts, put a connector on it for dual wires, sawder a bullet, put in a rubber seal connector, no more shorts.

Make sure you make a fuse for the extra wire. I would not splice wire, that = shorts.

It is done all is operational. No shorts my deck works and all of the wires look clean and professionally done. Now I am off to learn how to tune the amp for the best sound quality.

Thank you guys so very much I will see you on my next project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.