batt in trunk?

ok so im just wondering do you just buy the batt and it just stays in the trunk with no connectiong to the front batt or is there a certin way to do it?
anyone with pics of how they set theres up?
You need to at least connect the positive terminal on the front battery to the positive terminal on the second battery. Using at least 1/0 gauge wire. Some people also choose to run a dedicated ground wire from negative to negative, but some cars have very little resistance in the chassis it's not necessary.

You can always not hook it up, but the battery won't be charged so you would need to charge it with an external battery charger every time it gets low. I would much rather do the first of these two options though.

i know how to use the search button.

this thread has 2 questions in it, here ill rephrase it.

does anyone have pics of how they mounted there batt instead of just to the side or something?

Oh.

I cut out the shape of the trunk outta MDF and found a scrap piece of wood about the length of the battery and screwed that into the wood. This made like a little support bracket so the battery can't slide since the wood is holding it in place, and the wood is screwed down. I can take some pics if my explanation isn't up to par //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Oh.
I cut out the shape of the trunk outta MDF and found a scrap piece of wood about the length of the battery and screwed that into the wood. This made like a little support bracket so the battery can't slide since the wood is holding it in place, and the wood is screwed down. I can take some pics if my explanation isn't up to par //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
haha i think i got it.

so you just took a big peice of wood the size of your trunk then screwd another little peice the size of the batt into the big peice and put the batt in?

haha i think i got it.
so you just took a big peice of wood the size of your trunk then screwd another little peice the size of the batt into the big peice and put the batt in?
Yep, sorry but I can't get pics. I just went out to take pics of how my power wire was run and well, my trunk is stuck closed. Bass wreaks havoc on the trunk opening latch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

Yep, sorry but I can't get pics. I just went out to take pics of how my power wire was run and well, my trunk is stuck closed. Bass wreaks havoc on the trunk opening latch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.
haha its all good man i understand now i just have the current power wire ran and i put that to the amp with a fuse about a foot before it hooks up then i run the power to the amp with a fuse in between that and ground the amp to the batt in the trunk and ground the batt to the frame right?

put mine inside my amp rack. just make sure u bolt it to the car with the supplied mounting hardware or fabricate something. i got hit and had it in a similar setup but not bolted to the floor, battery ended up on other side of the trunk

yayocomputerpictures087.jpg

yayocomputerpictures089.jpg

Is your spare tire under that plastic in the trunk if so think about if you get a flat and leave a way to get to it by yourself on the side of the road at 1AM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.