WTF Did I Do

savagelord

Hello everyone.

I was hoping that some of you could give me a hand in unF***king my first attempt to install an amp and subs. Here is the low down, I have a run of the mill after market JVC KH-LH1000 HU, Desiel 800w 2ch amp, 2- Polkaudio 10" subs in a 2000 sivlverado 3 door.

I wired everything to the amp ran the battery cable, grounded the amp and tapped into the ign/acc wire behind the dash for the remote. After all that was done I turned over my truck to have the boom and got nothing. The HU has no display but is acting as if it is getting power. When I hit the reset button it goes through the CD cycle flasshes the diag light and then that is it. I checked all the fuses and replace the one that said radio that was toast still nothing. Idid get my gauges back though.

Please did I do something wrong or is my HU fried. What are some things that I could troubleshoot to narrow down this annoying problem.

Thank you everyone for your time.

does your h/u have a fuse... usually that will keep it from getting fried unless you rubbed a hot line against one of the other things like your remote line ect....

try just giving the head unit 12 volts directly to batt.... this will eliminate alot of testing... if it works directly to batt then you may have a car fuse blown.

I did run the RCA to the HU. I have checked the fuse in both the HU and the truck. I will go downstairs and see if I can locate a 12v constant to feed it. The thing that is baffling me is that it worked find before I started (lol!!) and when I returned it to the original configuration to reverse troubleshoot I get the same results nothing.

I will go and check the fuses again and see if I missed one.

Well I got power to it. The power indication light comes on when I turn the ign to ACC. The HU will accept and eject the disc but that is it. I have uninstalled anything associating with the amp and subs to alleviate those variables. I did get a change but not a fix. I only spliced into one wire behind the head unit to run the remote I couldn't have messed up to much back there.

All of the fuses are good, is there an internal fuse that i might have blown and does the CD mechanism power seperatly from the tuner/ display?

no it should all be the same. it sounds like your remote wire iz fukd... your cd player should allow for cds to come in an out with out the car being on... you get what i am saying?

why didnt you use the remote wire thats on the HU? Id definitely go back thru and refigure your wiring......sounds to me like the HU is tied in to ignition only, and they will not come on but take and spit cds all day long FYI. then use the remote wire for the deck and not the ignition off the car to turn on the amp. (normally a blue wire or blue white)

I will give that an attempt. And I know what you mean with the CD ejectign with the vehicle off. I have been working on this since 10pm last night it is past nine now so brain is a bit mushy.

So theoretically if the HU is getting power it should be fully functional and the no display is a fkup on my part. i am going to head downstairs and try to reroute the remote line and see what that does. But if the deck isn't working with out the amp and subs connected wouldn't that be more of false hope than anything... I will give a shot hope is better than the staticy sound emitting from my stereo right no LOL

Double check that wire you spliced into for the amp's remote turn on. How did you "tap" into it?

Check the end of that wire at the amp for +12v with the ignition on, and or pull the headunit and make sure you have +12v at the red and yellow wires with the ignition on.

If it was one of those quick taps, maybe it could of cut thru the original wire. (Just guessing)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.