Wtf causes this

GoodBrings

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 15 inch Orion (entry level I guess, srt maybe?) 2400 Hercules amp, upgraded to 300 amp alternator, big ass battery, and "big three" even grounded my alternator to the frame of truck(GMC Yukon), ran ground of amp to the firewall and bolted thru to battery should have the best ground! Why am I burning **** up?

Attachments

• 15685622616972791137496803744252.jpg
    15685622616972791137496803744252.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 165
Correction they are orion xtr and I have brutus 2400. Awesome set up lights dont dim battery meter dont drop over all my favorite set up. I had same amp in a BMW 318 back seat removed with 3 15 re audio sx15 custom box. Always build my own box. This yukon box is box 2 first I did a 4th order and it was awesome but when you have sub problems it's a pain in the ass. Back to problem at hand. Why the **** am I burning **** up? All grounds are good, amp to frame, to battery! Should be good right?

Last edited:
loose connection at fuse or fuse block isnt of quality material to pass that level of amperage....all wiring should be capable of passing amount of amperage your HO alt. puts out

Last edited:
That block got pretty hot thus melting the plastic cover plate and melting all together.As stated above, loose connection possibly,as well as handling the current passing through.I recommend Stinger Fused and Distro blocks, Ive never had any issues with the Pro series. There is another that is or may be a little cheaper called XS-Scorpian, of which are made by Stinger and work very well also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.