Is this a good meter?

Jonnyswboy

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2019

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Looks like the coil is pretty toasted. Id run it till she gives, tune a little higher till it actually bakes. Look at getting a recone kit ready or look at another sub to replace it soon.Back the gains down and retune it a bit higher till then when you get a replacement option.Its only a matter of time before she actually blows

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
This is the cheapest meter I can find that measures high DC current. I want it to determine if I am overpowering my sub.

Thanks.
Im still OLD SCHOOL. I tune my subs by ear. I listen for the distortion threshold then i turn it down till its pretty clean and run it.Ive had good luck this way for more than 20 years.Looks like the reviews on this meter is pretty decent.Ive never heard of this brand nor used,so I can not comment on its reliability. I have and use Fluke.Mine has lasted for a good while.Tuning your system takes time.It doesnt take one day.Its takes time to get it where you like it or where you accept it at.

Reactions: jt4x4

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Im still OLD SCHOOL. I tune my subs by ear. I listen for the distortion threshold then i turn it down till its pretty clean and run it.Ive had good luck this way for more than 20 years.Looks like the reviews on this meter is pretty decent.Ive never heard of this brand nor used,so I can not comment on its reliability. I have and use Fluke.Mine has lasted for a good while.Tuning your system takes time.It doesnt take one days.Its takes time to get it where you like it or where you accept it at.
I agree with this guy. You can smell or hear when your sub isn't happy. Burnt glue smell can be a good smell during break-in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds