wtf 5-way speaks

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
O.k. can anyone explain to me why you would want and or need a speaker with 5 parts:eyebrow: ? Just skimming through last months crutchfield mag. and Pioneer has 5 way 6x9s with "LPF mids, come tweeters, dome supertweeters". That seems too unnesicary for me. What do you guys think about it?

It's more of a marketing gimmick rather than a multielement coaxial that the various elements actually make a difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

It's called "if one blows theres another one to take it's place"

NASA used this technology heavily in the 60's with many of the space missions, making most of the spacecraft heavy and controlling them unweildly because of all of the backups needed.

This is also the case with the Pioneer 5 ways.

It's called "if one blows theres another one to take it's place"
NASA used this technology heavily in the 60's with many of the space missions, making most of the spacecraft heavy and controlling them unweildly because of all of the backups needed.

This is also the case with the Pioneer 5 ways.
Those "supertweeters" are ostensibly designed to reproduce a frequency range outside the average range of normal human hearing. WTF kindof "bakup" you reckon those are??

Haha.5 ways are POPULAR in South GA.

EVERY donk has 4 or 6 of them accross the back deck!!!!
That is because most of the people that drive the donks raised up on some 28s doesnt know jack shizzle about car audio. Most of the people that drive those in my area that i talked to refered to thier amps using max wattage. Thats all i have to say about that. Matter of fact one man told me he had 5000watts i said **** hommie let me see your setup, he had 5 1000watt max sony amps.

Those "supertweeters" are ostensibly designed to reproduce a frequency range outside the average range of normal human hearing. WTF kindof "bakup" you reckon those are??
They piss of bats?

"**** man, as long as it screams" is what my buddy used to say about car audio. All he liked to her was the treble and midrange to about 1k... Yeech.

They piss of bats?
"**** man, as long as it screams" is what my buddy used to say about car audio. All he liked to her was the treble and midrange to about 1k... Yeech.
I guess it's easier to setup a stereo that satisfies you when you're tone deaf as opposed to people that can actually hear how crappy it sounds, eh?

That is because most of the people that drive the donks raised up on some 28s doesnt know jack shizzle about car audio. Most of the people that drive those in my area that i talked to refered to thier amps using max wattage. Thats all i have to say about that. Matter of fact one man told me he had 5000watts i said **** hommie let me see your setup, he had 5 1000watt max sony amps.
I see you have audiobahn... and coaxials...

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

budahbuddy803

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
budahbuddy803
Aiken, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date