Wtb: Smd dd1

nutnbutcustm
10+ year member

IM OLD
Spring,TX.
Im looking for a SMD DD1 used or new as long as it is in good shape and has all original parts (disk) etc. please send me a price shipped to 77386.

And please no bashing or trash talking, Im not a SMD nut hugger I just want one for testing and comparison. Thanks in Advance.

yes why is eveyone so down on these? is it just the SMD name? how can this possibly cause a blown amp or woofer? seems like that would be user error, it has to be safer than just cranking your gains up.

so i would like to hear from someone that has actual knowledge of these electronics not just someone jumping on the hater bandwagon.

yes why is eveyone so down on these? is it just the SMD name? how can this possibly cause a blown amp or woofer? seems like that would be user error, it has to be safer than just cranking your gains up.
so i would like to hear from someone that has actual knowledge of these electronics not just someone jumping on the hater bandwagon.
Me too. I can't for the life of me figure out how this thing is blowing amps. If it's death by clipping, surely it would be audible before harm was done. I'm going to buy one off Ebay as soon as/if I can find out what this is all about.

I have the dd-1 and cc-1 and have set my system with it. Plus at this point I have set 18 systems in total and yet to have one blow. All the ones I've seen blow was due to user error,amps too powerful for subs and poor electrical. Before any one says this is bull or it's a old thread. A question was asked I am just answering. Plus it is not the end to the install. It's a means to help set it the base levels the rest is how and what you play with your eq settings etc. I have tested mine against several scopes and rtr's and have yet been off. It has been dead on time and time again. Even took my dd-1 to a install shop and school they fell in love with it. So it's not the dd-1 it's something else causing blown subs and amps. I love mine regardless of the name and have had them since they came out with no problems yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.