Wtb CT Sound 7k

My apologies if he wasn't meaning to be rude, but that is how it came off to me. How are the amp dyno tests better than real world testing? Taylorfade posted test results of that amp doing decent clamped numbers. I've been out of the game for a few years and just going off what I have read. What would be a better option around $850-$950 then for a rough price range(I have a little leverage either direction). Something that will take some abuse, but still be able to hold its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much electrical do you have?

You can buy NEW Brazilian in that power range for that money. Buy on Amazon/eBay and buy 3rd party warranty and you won't have to worry about anything. If you want reliable, you should be setting your sights on low to mid 700$ range (used) proven 5K boards. American Bass, Crescendo, DC, DD, etc.

Oh, and amp-lab in Maine (google them) had a Team Cactus 7K refurbed for a very fair price recently. Not sure if it's still there but that's a pretty beast 7K.

How much electrical do you have?
You can buy NEW Brazilian in that power range for that money. Buy on Amazon/eBay and buy 3rd party warranty and you won't have to worry about anything. If you want reliable, you should be setting your sights on low to mid 700$ range (used) proven 5K boards. American Bass, Crescendo, DC, DD, etc.

Oh, and amp-lab in Maine (google them) had a Team Cactus 7K refurbed for a very fair price recently. Not sure if it's still there but that's a pretty beast 7K.
Electrical wise I have a Singer 275 amp and enough room for 3-5 batteries plus a starting battery. Looking to power 4 Soundqubed HDC3 12s.

I did look into the Crescendo BC5500, the Sundown Svc6000, and they do still have the cactus 7k. I've been away from the game for a few years and apparently everything has changed drastically.

I did look into the Crescendo BC5500, the Sundown Svc6000, and they do still have the cactus 7k. I've been away from the game for a few years and apparently everything has changed drastically.

Not so much. The reliable 5K's are the same exact boards as they were 8 years ago. 7k's IMO aren't quite as reliable but still also mostly old designs. IIRC that Cactus was "on sale" for 900$ a couple weeks ago so you might could try to email or call them and make an offer. He said they clamped some impressive numbers out of it.

I'm really looking for something I can add a second down the road. Mid late next year most likely. So the 5500 or 6k may be better choices.

What are you asking for it? I'm not making an offer. I just know how high I am willing to spend on the right amp.

I wasn't asking for a offer but if it's not what I want then I'd rather not pull it out the bed.

The fact that many of them caught fire.

Wow. Dude tries to warn you that the amp you're asking for is a fire hazard and this is your reply? Good luck, hope you have a fire extinguisher in your car.
Yup !! Mine caught on fire almost caught my truck on fire ! No joke try a different amp as suggested

My apologies if he wasn't meaning to be rude, but that is how it came off to me. How are the amp dyno tests better than real world testing? Taylorfade posted test results of that amp doing decent clamped numbers. I've been out of the game for a few years and just going off what I have read. What would be a better option around $850-$950 then for a rough price range(I have a little leverage either direction). Something that will take some abuse, but still be able to hold its own.

if u dont mind b stock this is a good deal

* B-Stock* Sundown Audio SCV-4000D - Car Audio Bargain

and for the price i like this amp

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Red version

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Red

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Red Version

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Black version

CAR AUDIO BARGAIN (CAB)

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 AMPLIFIER

65 product reviews

RRP: $259.00

$199.99 (YOU SAVE $59.01)

WEIGHT:

30.00 LBS

SHIPPING:

Calculated at checkout

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Amplifier is a 1600W@ 1 Ohm Mono Amp. power test were done on a amp dyno they are as follows:

Certified:

4 Ohm 694W @ 14.4v

2 Ohm 1255W @ 14.2v

1 Ohm 1608W @ 14.2v

Dynamic:

4 Ohm 766W @ 14.5v

2 Ohm 1423W @ 14.4v

1 Ohm 2604W @ 14.3v

NOT RECOMMENDED OHMS:

.8 Ohm 3051W @ 14.2v

.5 Ohm 4236W @ 14.0v

Cab-1600.1 measurements are 18.5" x 8" x 2"

if u dont mind b stock this is a good deal* B-Stock* Sundown Audio SCV-4000D - Car Audio Bargain

and for the price i like this amp

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Red

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Red Version

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier Black version

CAR AUDIO BARGAIN (CAB)

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 AMPLIFIER

65 product reviews

RRP: $259.00

$199.99 (YOU SAVE $59.01)

WEIGHT:

30.00 LBS

SHIPPING:

Calculated at checkout

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Amplifier is a 1600W@ 1 Ohm Mono Amp. power test were done on a amp dyno they are as follows:

Certified:

4 Ohm 694W @ 14.4v

2 Ohm 1255W @ 14.2v

1 Ohm 1608W @ 14.2v

Dynamic:

4 Ohm 766W @ 14.5v

2 Ohm 1423W @ 14.4v

1 Ohm 2604W @ 14.3v

NOT RECOMMENDED OHMS:

.8 Ohm 3051W @ 14.2v

.5 Ohm 4236W @ 14.0v

Cab-1600.1 measurements are 18.5" x 8" x 2"
I've been looking at used sundown 6ks around that price. Not to sure about the other one. Doesn't seem like the power I'm really looking for. And I'm stuck running .5 or 2 ohm with my woofer configuration.

Have a look at Twisted Sounds. If their 2.8k amp is that much under rated and do a hell of a lot more and then some (4100 watts) I can't imagine what their other amps are capable of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.