Wrecked.... Getting a small truck. Can XFL's go sealed.

Gatorade

Dec 17, 2017
Lexington, KY
I was rear-ended the other day, my SUV is gone. Now I'm getting a Toyota Tacoma. I have two 12" XFL's. Can I go with a smaller sealed box? Also, I've never had a system in a truck, do they sound okay?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I was rear-ended the other day, my SUV is gone. Now I'm getting a Toyota Tacoma. I have two 12" XFL's. Can I go with a smaller sealed box? Also, I've never had a system in a truck, do they sound okay?
I would run one of them in a properly tuned enclosure.Somewhere in the neighborhood of [email protected] 32 htz. on a 2k rms mono amp.I have the older style XFLs, and they can get pretty nasty with good clean power and a properly tuned enclosure.Not sure that truck will be able to handle a pair without doing some real roof treatment and bracing.Even at 2ohms a single 12 xfl will get pretty nasty if you place in a good tuned ported enclosure.I have 10s and 12s. Ive ran the crap out of a few and have never blown one yet.Pretty decent subs for the $ IMO

Reactions: Gatorade

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
5,000+ posts
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Sealed in a truck is the worst thing you can do

dragon.breath

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 22, 2007
Al
Depending on how much air space you have, you may be better off running a single subwoofer ported over a pair sealed.

Gatorade

Dec 17, 2017
Lexington, KY
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the info guys. My boss gave me a Mercedes Sprinter out of the blue, it's still a company vehicle but I can use it as a daily driver. No system in there. Lol. But, that's going to change my buying plans to getting a small SUV, like a GMC Terrain, or Chevy Envoy, or something. The market kind of opened up since I don't have to have a truck for work.

The wreck blew my Soundstream Picaso 3000.1. I definitely want a better amp. A few years ago Synergy had the efa series, I believe. The Synergy efa 3000.1 was the amp I wanted instead of the Soundstream. I was also thinking about a Wolfram. But I'm up for suggestions.

Basically I'm getting a new SUV/car and an amp. I'm not a rich man so I'm trying to get my money's worth. I have $14,000 for a car and $450 for an amp. I hope to get a 3k amp. I have 2-12 XFL's in a custom ported back, sub up box.

Any input would be greatly appreciated fellas. Thanks

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
$450 will get you a Taramps MD 8000 👀

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds