Wrecked.... Getting a small truck. Can XFL's go sealed.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was rear-ended the other day, my SUV is gone. Now I'm getting a Toyota Tacoma. I have two 12" XFL's. Can I go with a smaller sealed box? Also, I've never had a system in a truck, do they sound okay?
I would run one of them in a properly tuned enclosure.Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.0@ 32 htz. on a 2k rms mono amp.I have the older style XFLs, and they can get pretty nasty with good clean power and a properly tuned enclosure.Not sure that truck will be able to handle a pair without doing some real roof treatment and bracing.Even at 2ohms a single 12 xfl will get pretty nasty if you place in a good tuned ported enclosure.I have 10s and 12s. Ive ran the crap out of a few and have never blown one yet.Pretty decent subs for the $ IMO

Thanks for the info guys. My boss gave me a Mercedes Sprinter out of the blue, it's still a company vehicle but I can use it as a daily driver. No system in there. Lol. But, that's going to change my buying plans to getting a small SUV, like a GMC Terrain, or Chevy Envoy, or something. The market kind of opened up since I don't have to have a truck for work.

The wreck blew my Soundstream Picaso 3000.1. I definitely want a better amp. A few years ago Synergy had the efa series, I believe. The Synergy efa 3000.1 was the amp I wanted instead of the Soundstream. I was also thinking about a Wolfram. But I'm up for suggestions.

Basically I'm getting a new SUV/car and an amp. I'm not a rich man so I'm trying to get my money's worth. I have $14,000 for a car and $450 for an amp. I hope to get a 3k amp. I have 2-12 XFL's in a custom ported back, sub up box.

Any input would be greatly appreciated fellas. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.