Wreck=New Single Cab Setup!

Hey man, here's a couple more sketchup shots. This one is 3.25^3. I think it will give more leg room than my first draft. This one is about 10" inches at the bottom. Both of these stay below the trim piece below the back glass. Going up in front of that, like you have your Sketch, will cost you lots of room quick as far as the seat going back.

Good grief that looks nice! You have spent some serious time on that! What is the mounting depth of the sub that you have depicted in your sketch-ups?

I set the depth at 6 3/4 on that one. That's how deep the L5 that will be going in it is. I don't yet know the diameter of the magnet on the sub so I am sure I will have a little more tweaking to do before I hit the saw bench. I did spend some time on the sketch but I am pretty new to the program. I spent a while tweaking the port trying to get something I was happy with. Probably going to tweak that some too before it is done.

Oh, I didn't Sketch the speaker. It was downloaded from the 3D warehouse.

Oh haha i was going to say! I just tried sketching a speaker and it was wayyy beyond my skill level! Thanks for your help man! I am going to try to go with one 12" si mag or two 10" jbl jti and just do what it takes to make it work.

Yea the single 12" or 2-10" setup is about your only option. I have tried everything possible to get a good sized ported box for 2-12"s and even two decent 10''s with no luck at all. Biggest internal volume I could get with any leg room at all was about 3.5-3.9cuft. Started out with two L7 12" sealed about 1.5cuft. each. Now I have 4-10"s sealed. Got an awesome deal on the 4 subs so it all worked out great.

Being 6 foot something isn't that fun when you want to have a loud system in these trucks.

Yea the single 12" or 2-10" setup is about your only option. I have tried everything possible to get a good sized ported box for 2-12"s and even two decent 10''s with no luck at all. Biggest internal volume I could get with any leg room at all was about 3.5-3.9cuft. Started out with two L7 12" sealed about 1.5cuft. each. Now I have 4-10"s sealed. Got an awesome deal on the 4 subs so it all worked out great.
Being 6 foot something isn't that fun when you want to have a loud system in these trucks.
Do you get some decent output from them? How do they compare to ported 10's? Pics would be great! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I think it gets pretty loud and sounds good doing it. I havent had a chance to get the 10's metered yet, but they will make your ears tickle . They have a much smoother response being in the exact sized sealed box that Rockford recommends over the peaky ways of a ported box. I opted to go sealed and double the amount of subwoofers, because I couldnt find a pair 10's that I liked enough to make a ported box to fit behind the seat. It's hard to compare them to my last setup but they get as loud as the 12"s I had before. Havnet heard many 10s in ported boxes lately to give an accurate comparison. A whole lot better SQ.

I will get some good updated pictures as soon as it stops raining for 10 minutes. I swear it has rained for 3 days straight.

Wow i guess that is definetely an option! I am down to either two jbl gti 10" or one 12" memphis mojo...the mojo i would be squeezing in trying to fit 8" of depth! I would fiberglass about a a 10" of the box in the middle to accomodate the depth. there. I know that i need another inch of clearance for the pole vent but if the sub is angled i think there will be plenty of room for venting without pulling it out so much.

Ok I finally got to take a picture. Its the best one I could get where everything is visible without taking the box out. And its a ***** to get out. The mount depth is about 6", give or take 1/2" or so. Each speaker has about .59cuft. I can lay and slide the seat back far enough to touch the window with the headrest also.

284759.jpg

hey 97 do you have any videos of that? i was thinking of that exact same setup. how does it it sound? loud? would you choose that setup over two memphis 12"S m class?

IMO i would run 2 8's ported. That way you can provide optimal air space and conserve as much space as possible for the comfort issue. There are some pretty **** nice 8's out there.

hey 97 do you have any videos of that? i was thinking of that exact same setup. how does it it sound? loud? would you choose that setup over two memphis 12"S m class?
I currently dont have a camera good enough to take a decent video of them. I'll try to get a video camera from someone. I took that pic with my phone. They get pretty dang loud and have excellent sound quality. I would recommend this setup to anyone. If you could figure out a way to make a box big enough to fit two memphis 12s in there I think it would be a good setup. I chose the 4-10s because it was easier to design, took less space, and it just sounds cool when you tell people you have 4- 10s in the back. Everybody is like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif are you serious?

The biggest reason I went with the 4 sub setup was because I got them for 70% off at cardomain. I was planning on 1(ported) or 2(sealed) kicker CVR 12s.

Do you have a bench or bucket seats? Im stuck with a bench so I didnt have the option of making a custom box/ center console combo.

... why didnt you just get a ext cab lol

i have an extended cab ranger and 2 12s ported at 4.6 cuft after displacement

and i can slide seats back almost all the way and recline all the way aanndd can still use the pas. jumpseat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.