Would you guys change head units in a 2011 or 2017 F150?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
Just how many features would I be losing!

The more I think about, the less I give a **** about the fancy touch screen EVERYTHING including climate control integrated HU...

I have a 2011 Ford-F150 with Sony premium navigation and sound system with the 700 watt 8” sub...

“They” recommend not changing head units on this vehicle, they act like it “should not” be done...

But why? What will I have no control of without it? I still have access to climate controls?

I probably won’t do it on this vehicle, but I’m getting a 2017 F150 in 2 years, so I just want to know

Would y’all change HUs on that one?

Crutchfield says there are no HUs compatible with my truck...

WHY NOT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clear your PMs dude. Make your you empty your sent box as well, you are limited to 200 for both inbox and outbox messages.

for your pm response.

that means you'll just be using it as stand alone processor not some fancy line convertor, you'll still setup your audio the exact same way, just the way you get signal is different thats all. Why would you even reach the conclusion that you have to revert back to a passive setup because you get your signal a different way?

The JVC and Kenwood head units have Mastro which integrates all your touch screen controls like your air conditioner and even integrates things like all pressure guitar pressure everything in your factory piece of **** touchscreen

Appreciate it... I was just wondering why Crutchfield would “say” nothing was compatible...

I’ve also been taking into consideration that I could get the Rockford blue tooth device, and just use my iPad...

I know things will be good one I can get an RCA signal fed to my DSR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.